+ Follow This Topic

Thread: if you loved someone, is it worth it?

if you loved someone, is it worth it?

Firstly, how would you descibe love? If you were in love with someone but the situation was morally wrong what would you do? And if you lost them, and still loved them with all your heart, what should u do?

That's a toughie. Sometimes, you just can't help feeling the way you feel. Who's to say what's right or wrong anyways? Sometimes, it feels like the more we try to force ourselves to not think about something, the more we seem to think about it. And we become obsessed with trying to control it. And whether it's morally right or wrong, we just can't control our feelings with the touch of a button.
    You can't rush feelings, and only time, only time heals all.

What is love? It can't be easily defined, for me anyways, and that's what makes it so beautiful. And if you know what it is, please tell me, for I haven't yet discovered it.

So good luck with whatever way you decide to deal with it. Take a vacation! Travel the world.
    "Ogres are like onions."

why is it morally wrong?

either way, it's always wrong.

i think that if you love someone, if you trully love them, there is no wrong. even if other people may look at it that way. i (as miombra can tell you) am involved in a "morally wrong" relationship as well... i love him, i can't help that, i can't help the way he makes me feel, i can't help that when i am with him everything is content with the world. i shouldn't have to. if it was meant to be, it will. honestly. i have lost my love today by my own stupidity, i told him goodbye forever, because i can't deal with what is currently going on, and i shouldn't have to.
    he called back as soon as i hung up on him, and i screemed at him and hung up on him again.
    i am sad because i love him, and of coarse i'm going to be, but i also know that if it was meant to be it will. fate will take care of everything.
    you may regret what you do, but you'll regret what you don't do so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by angelbaby011604
    but i also know that if it was meant to be it will. fate will take care of everything.
    but sometimes fate needs a little push. don't you think it's like a whole chess game? All the pieces are already on the board, but the move is up to you and how you move is partially determined by fate a little bit.
    crikes. i'm getting too complicated for myself.
    "Ogres are like onions."

indigosoul Guest
    NO FATE! Thank you Sarah Connor (are these not THE best movies EVER?)

You make your own. Last time I tried sitting around doing nothing, that exactly what i got...

yep! The power is in your hand. hahahaha (in a very evil laugh)
    "Ogres are like onions."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And how is this a love story?

fate, love, fate, love.

where's the person who originally posted anyways?
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by Lexci616
    Firstly, how would you descibe love? If you were in love with someone but the situation was morally wrong what would you do? And if you lost them, and still loved them with all your heart, what should u do?
    Love is something that is unconditional and willing to sacrifice. I am in the situation like that now. I love this guy. But he is not in the same religion as me. His parents wan me to convert to their religion. But I stick to my own christianity. what shd I do? Just broke up with him... hai.. but I dun think he will ever understand why. for me, without parents consent for being together, will make me feel miserable. what you think?
    I still love him. But... nothing will ever works out if he dun wan to be a christian. cos I wan a God-centered relationship...
    :: Dots Dot

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    "Romantic love is born out of the evolutionary success of pair bonding as a reproductive strategy. Our brains have evolved to feel pleasure in sexual bonding and discomfort at seperation. ---

The mechanism may be similar to addiction: oxytocin is closely linked to endorphins - opiated like brain chemicals - and the agitation typically felt by lovers when they are seperated from the ones they adore may in part be due to their desire to push up their oxytocin level. ---

Looked at coldly, romantic love is a chemically induced form of madness and a terrible basis for social organization, as the divorce in the western world demonstrates.
    "

- Rita Carter
    Mapping the Mind

From you your-self feeling, you definitely say it is, but from others, they may say it is not. So it's hard to say whether it is worth, when you are in love with someone. that's also the cause of mistake.