+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Friend's Friend

The Friend's Friend

This is dedicated to my very dear friend, Squirt!

When you're not on, I miss your laugh
    And our comedic banter
    I miss your ideas and musing thoughts
    So filled with sweet, sweet candor

I'm writing these words to tell you, my friend
    That you mean so very much to me
    To everyone that you have touched
    You have spread a kind of ease

Bringing much to those around you
    A beacon of light throughout the dark
    Countless lives have you encountered
    With that astonishing and wonderful spark

Always helpful, kind and true
    Never seeking a thing in return
    You give of yourself so generously
    Never asking when it will be your turn

So it is to you I write this tribute down
    I hope our friendship never will end
    For you are a rare and special breed
    You are the epitome of a friend

Thanks firly for listening and putting up with the nonsensical idiosyncracies of this crazy wacked out girl! YOU ROCK!!!!

OMG~that is so VERY SWEET and kind of you, you have me in tears Breezy. Honestly, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are truly a wonderful friend and I am so thankful to God, that you and I met. I miss you tons when youre not around either, you know that firly~like right now. Its 2am and I just got back from a Jerry Springer moment...(thats another thread).

Anyway~I love you R~you are truly among the greatest of friends a person can I have...thank you for your wonderful poem, Im saving this one!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Oh hell. Im readin this just a couple of more days later, and it still brings me to tears.

Very nice, Breeze..

Wow, you two really have a connection. Good vibes!

Take care.
    Freddie

Freddie~let me fill you in on something...Breezy is an amazing person herself. I love chattin her, we do get bummed if we go a couple of days without talkn to one another. I had gone out Friday night, and came home to that poem. Somehow Im going to save that, and I dont know, do something with it. Because someone who can write like that about ME, well, Im saving that for life! Thank you for reading that Freddie, believe me you have found an amazing friend within Breezy!

No doubt there are many good people in this forum. I love the consistency with which a lot of people keep up with this site.

And, yes, I know Breeze is definitely one of the good ones, along with yourself and, well, I don't have to name them all...we all know..

Freddie

*reads posts by Squirt and nomas. Eyes well up with tears. Leaves before an embarrassing outburst of emotion occurs*

Okay, even though I'm feeling a bit emotional right now, I have just to say that you peoples are the bestest!!!! It's true nomas, Squirt and I DO have an amazing connection, but I hope no one here that I've become friends with feels left out. I love you all and you bring a lot of fun and silliness into my life. I truly love this place. But Squirt a special kind of person to everyone, as most of you know by now. (She has to be to put up with my rantings....hahaha). Maybe I'll write a poem for eveyone someday.....one by one...

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy18
    *reads posts by Squirt and nomas. Eyes well up with tears. Leaves before an embarrassing outburst of emotion occurs*
    Emotions and tears are not embarrassing in the least bit, Breeze. I wish I was more emotional, but I really enjoy it when I do cry or feel emotional. I love the feeling. I think a lot of us do...I think this is why we like to hang on to impossible, platonic loves that can never be. Simply to feel something, anything..even if it's a "negative" feeling..like feeling the martyr..the victim, the one no one ever loves...the one who's never been kissed. Then there are the practical ones who will advise the logical things: "it's your own damn fault for not doing this or that". True advice...but stuff that anyone can come up with when thinking logically. I think we simply seek to be the martyr sometimes because we like feelings. That's what I've figured out for myself, anyhoot.

I also wanted to comment...you know I think you and squirt have a great thing because thanks to this forum, your relationship will not loose momentum...assuming you did meet here. That's what's great about internet relationships...you have the potential to never loose touch. With friends close to you, it happens that one may move away some day and much as you promise to write/call each other..time takes care of relaxing the relationship and sooner or later you stop talking so much and you become strangers. Communication lost equals relationship lost.

With internet relationships, you met here and you live far away. You can move all you want, you will still find your Breeze, your Squirt in the same place in front of any computer with internet access. No move could keep you from the communication you started with and will always have the potential to continue.

Cool, eh?

You know, we Mexicans say "eh" a lot too..except we pronounce it just "ehh"..um, no long sound, not "eh-ee", but "eh" As if asking a question. "eh??"...hard to explain.

Freddie