+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Been in love with this girl for over a year

Been in love with this girl for over a year

Hello everyone,
    last year ( my first year of university) I met this girl. She was the only good looking girl in our program so I manned up and spoke to her. Found out we are from the same country and became good friends. During the first semester we were always together, I gave her vibes that showed that I liked her and she did sometimes.. I could always tell by her body language.
    We always messages and sometimes even called each other but it was only homework related.. sometimes I felt that she would only call and ask dumb questions just to hear my voice but maybe I'm being conceited?
    I never had the balls to show her I liked her or tell her so things keep going just like they were. Later I found out she had a boyfriend and that kind of broke my heart.
    Second semester came and we ended up in different groups so I couldn't see her anymore other than on the hallways but that was rare. We maintained a little bit of contact since she is a very shy girl and doesn't speak to the other guys from our program so shes always coming to me for questions and any homework related or test related stuff.
    During this period I sort of forgot about her and did my own thing.

We are now in third semester and living away from home/residence. ( our program is complicated and consisted of making a move to another city. It is also male dominant so the ratio of man to woman is like 50:2.
    Recently she started asking me to go out with a people from the program and I also met her boyfriend which is currently living with her.

last week was the second time she invited me out and her boyfriend got really really drunk. I found out that the guy really hated me because I was so close to his girlfriend. It seems like they've had a lot of arguments because of me and when we arrive at his house he was so drunk that he was saying stuff he wasn't supposed to regarding me and her.
    He beliefs she has something for me and at one point was telling me to go sleep with her ... (not sexually though.. like literally sleep because he wasnt due to their huge fight)
    Last time I heard was that he was moving out but I am not sure where that stands.

Anyway that was just a little bit of the background on whats going on. So I've been in love with this girl and I am not sure what to do. I find myself thinking/ dreaming about her. Last person thats on my mind before I sleep and first person on my mind when I wake up.

the program has been cut almost by 50% so all of us have the same periods now. We are in the same classroom 3 times of the week for several hours. I find myself looking at her a lot and Its not like I can get away from her so I can forget her.
    I know this is bad but I was really happy when I found out she was going to break up with him. I talked to her that night and she seems a little bit fed up with him. supposedly they fight a lot every time they go out and never enjoy each other but they seem like they're in love though so I'm no where near getting close to her.
    We always talk because shes always coming to me with questions about school and thats it. I get happy when she messages me even though its about the only topic I dont want to talk about. I always try to help her in anyway I can and I feel like Ill never get her to like me back..
    This is the worst feeling because this is only semester 3/8

I feel lonely all the time. I have roommates but its not the same as having a significant other. This city sucks and nothing to do here.
    Last edited by tsukubacpe; 07-11-14 at 04:44 PM.