+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really really like him.

I really really like him.

Hello everyone.

I've been hung up on the same guy since years ago,but I havn't really been able to get anywhere with him so far,
    (maybe I'm not trying too hard)
    Anyway, recently I met this new guy.Chris.

I'm half Australian and I went there this Summer. on the train he started talking to me and we had the greatest connection ever.
    He's my type,really nice guy and very good looking.
    He asked me out on a date and I though Oh well what the heck and took a chance and accepted. We went out 1 day before I flew back.

It was so amazing and I felt like I know him and we felt like a couple. I can totally see a future with him.

He said he really liked me and wants to start a long distance relationship. I was hesitant because back them,I really though the guy I've
    always had a crush on (still do) is the ONLY guy for me..
    and now even though I have all his contact details I havn't really said anything(to Chris.)

Sooo anyway,I've recently been having very strong feelings towards him (I even see him in my dreams!)
    and I feel like I'm starting to like him over my crush.
    The thing is,it's been 2 months and a half.
    Would he still say yes if I say I want to try long distance??
    I'm lovestruck and I think about him all the time now.
    I've decided from a long time ago I'm going to move back to Australia in the future,which is sad because I'll be leaving the country my crush lives in.but on the
    other hand if this works out with Chris,I can be with him..
    What do you all think?

Two and a half months is pretty long. Have you had any contact with him at all since then?
    In any case, there is no way you'll know whether he is still interested. The good think is that he really liked and hopefully still really likes you. Since 2 and half months have past, I guess you must show your commitment somehow. Are you planning to go back soon?
    Love and relationship guidance- www.cupidious.com

Yea.. good question. Have you talked to this guy since you left your ONE DATE?

What makes you think you have "feelings" for him?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

If your actually dreaming of this other person, perhaps Australia is calling you back. Whether it's all about the boy or something deeper, whatever it is is seeping into your subconscious mind and ought be listened to.

I know many people say 'how can one know after just one day' and usually this has great merit however, there are exceptions now and then, so pay attention.

Again, is it the boy or is there more to it, you'll find out. but yes, if your thinking of him, get in touch; that's the only way to place your next step.
    Last edited by woody; 19-11-14 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Yea.. good question. Have you talked to this guy since you left your ONE DATE?

What makes you think you have "feelings" for him?
    when you "know" you just know.
    have you ever fallen in love?
    don't you believe in love at first sight?
    As someone once said.. "Time is not a measure of quality; of love"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohanD View Post
    Two and a half months is pretty long. Have you had any contact with him at all since then?
    In any case, there is no way you'll know whether he is still interested. The good think is that he really liked and hopefully still really likes you. Since 2 and half months have past, I guess you must show your commitment somehow. Are you planning to go back soon?
    I've only contacted him 1 or 2 times actually! I know it's bad! I got side tracked by events in my life..
    I'm going to get back in touch and try to connect with him...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know when I'll go back..first I need a job there!
    (I don't want to be a burden on my grandparents or other relatives)
    I might save up and go back just to visit, next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna_L View Post
    when you "know" you just know.
    have you ever fallen in love?
    don't you believe in love at first sight?
    As someone once said.. "Time is not a measure of quality; of love"
    Don't be ridiculous, ffs. You had one date with him and barely spoken to him since... He's shown you zero actions that would give you reason to think love him.

I sense "isms" galore here.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Don't be ridiculous, ffs. You had one date with him and barely spoken to him since... He's shown you zero actions that would give you reason to think love him.

I sense "isms" galore here.
    you're not me so you don't know!
    also he's shown me "zero actions" because he's waiting for me to reach out and make a move!

your username Wakeup makes me think you're some kind of pessimist troll.

How old are you Joanna? Whats your previous relationship history?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Hi,I'm in my 20s.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather not say,because it's rather personal.

Yeah I thought you are kinda young. Ofcourse say whatever you are comfortable to say. Just wanted to help you. It would be easier to give advice on future if we would know where are you coming from. So far we know you had crush on man you refer as "The One". And then theres a guy you been on date with, that you dreaming about.

In forum we dont call this love but infatuation. You can google the term if you want. That is what wakeup wanted to say to you. Love is more like when you live together with a person for years or been in relationship at least 6 months because thats the honeymoon stage when feelings dont let you see the real person yet.

Then again we dont judge you. If you call this love then its your business. Maybe thats most than you ever felt. Just later in life you might look back at this and see it as a infatuation and daydreaming.

That guy on the train moved fast, if he wanted a LDR with you when you went back home why didn't you contact him if you had all his info to contact? Waiting 2.5 months he will think you weren't into him, he must have got a regular gf by now. Have you ever had a LDR before? If not, don't do it it is hard and expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    Have you ever had a LDR before? If not, don't do it it is hard and expensive.
    But if sex is good it's worth it.

To pay 2500 dollars or more to have a couple nights sex overseas? No it isn't, unless you go & stay there for good. People need to be realistic about LDR.

(Thank you for your responses)
    yes I know what infatuation is,of course. I don't think I've ever said I love him,that's silly.
    I'm totally infatuated.
    I think it's just taken 2 months and a few weeks to realise what I really want..
    No I've never had a LDR before:/ but I'd like to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    That guy on the train moved fast, if he wanted a LDR with you when you went back home why didn't you contact him if you had all his info to contact? Waiting 2.5 months he will think you weren't into him, he must have got a regular gf by now. Have you ever had a LDR before? If not, don't do it it is hard and expensive.
    I hope he's still interested..what should I say??
    on his facebook,he changed his profile picture to him and a pretty girl. they didn't seem like a couple though,I don't know...they were standing quite far apart.

you're not me so you don't know!
    also he's shown me "zero actions" because he's waiting for me to reach out and make a move!

your username Wakeup makes me think you're some kind of pessimist troll.
    Do you have borderline personality disorder or some other "ism" you're on concurrent medication for? Not asked in malice but just asked because If you are it would make sense as to why you think you should pursue this.

- - - Updated - - -

(Thank you for your responses)
    yes I know what infatuation is,of course. I don't think I've ever said I love him,that's silly.
    I'm totally infatuated.
    Uhm... yea, you did say you love him. ^^^ There's the quote from post [URL=https://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=5]#5[/URL] Where you imply that you have fallen in love "at first sight." You went on one date with him and he's not bothered with you since. Get yourself "uninfatuated" and meet men close to home that show you in actions that they at least give a shit about you.
    I think it's just taken 2 months and a few weeks to realise what I really want..
    Why do you want a boy that is showing you zero actions that you are what he wants?... Something to think about.

I hope he's still interested..what should I say??
    on his facebook,he changed his profile picture to him and a pretty girl. they didn't seem like a couple though,I don't know...they were standing quite far apart.
    If he was still interested he'd have contacted you by now.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 20-11-14 at 03:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast