+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The waiting situation.

The waiting situation.

Hi, I'm in desperate need of some advice/help. Ok so here's my situation and how it all started: Around late July my friend sierra introduced me to her friend Jennifer (we all go to different schools and we're all the same age, 16) me and Jennifer hit it off from the start, we started talking a lot and after maybe 2 or 3 weeks of talking I started to have a crush on her, but then a couple days later her guy best friend (that shes known for 3 years) asked her out and they began to date. I figured something like this would happen and i figured all hope was lost so I just kept talking to her as a friend. Around mid-august Jennifer then started to throw hints of flirting with me and I didn't know if I was just over thinking it or something so I showed my friend Sierra to see if my suspicions were true, and they were. So after finding that out i began starting to have a crush on her again. After about a month of me and her talking and flirting, I figured i just couldn't handle it anymore and decided to tell her that i had feelings for her. It was around mid or late September and i finally had told her and what the most shocking thing happened, she told me she had feelings for me too! When she told me that my hopes sky rocketed, but nothing really happened after we confessed to each other, she didn't break up with her boyfriend or anything and we just acted like nothing happened. At that point I was pretty much hoping that she and her boyfriend would break up eventually, cause all i want is to be with her, she's absolutely amazing, better than any girl I've met. So now we're here in late November, me and her are still flirting, shes still dating her boyfriend. The waiting game is really frustrating to me, sometimes I really doubt myself that we will ever date, sometimes I have to lie to myself to keep me into believing that they will break up eventually, and I don't wanna do anything that can cause them to break up cause that's just plain wrong. So now I ask you guys for help/advice: Should I just give up and face the fact that they're gonna stay together for quite a long time? (2 years or more) or should I just hang in there and wait a little longer and if so how long should I wait? Also note that before Jennifer and her Boyfriend started dating, they were best friends for about 3 years. Thanks for reading.

She definitely should break up with her boyfriend! she likes you and you like her- what's the problem?
    maybe you should tell her you want her to break up with him,or else you're going to move on.
    you shouldn't have to wait this long!
    Good luck!

You should give up on her because it doesn't matter that she likes you. If she's staying with her boyfriend then you're just someone that gives her attention and she keeps it going by playing with your emotions. If she REALLY wanted to be with you then she would leave the boyfriend and she would be with you knowing that you like her.. you're a sure thing.

Stop fawning over her. Don't give her anymore of your attention, start scouting out other girls that interest you and leave her to her boyfriend. You're wasting your time and your emotions on her as long as she's with him. Besides, you give her absolutely NO reason to break up with him while you're giving her all this attention while with him.

You deserve to have a better girl then someone like her that flirts and gives another guy her attention while in a relationship with someone else.

Don't "tell her to break up with her boyfriend" that is controlling behaviour. You might consider telling her that you are unable to continue the friendship due to your feelings for her and then let her decide who she wants to be with after that.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion