+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Big decisions

Big decisions

It's been a while since I posted on here. My back story is that I dated a guy off and on for about 2 years. He broke up with me because he didn't love me and he wanted to focus on his own future. It's been hard for me to get over this because he was the first person I ever said I love you to and to not hear it back I feel kinda scared me to the whole dating thing. I don't trust any guys anymore and have no desire to get to know them because I don't want to hurt like I did again.

I also can't seem to shake this guy away even though we've been broken up a while now. Everywhere I turn there's something that reminds me of him or something I want to tell him. I'd say 90% of the time I don't give in to this feeling and reach out. We I guess left it at friends which I even know doesn't work because I just keep feeling rejected over and over again. The problem is is that I occasionally work with this guy so he's been in my life a long time and hasn't really been out of it for a long period of time as well. I've been seriously thinking about quitting this job so I can move on with my life. It's hard for me because I know once I quit it's really over forever. The texts will be less and less and eventually we won't talk. I know it's probably the way it's supposed to go but it's hard to walk away from someone you care about. I just feel this spark and connection with him and no matter how much he hurt me he can still make me smile. I guess what I'm looking for is support that quitting is the right decision. It's just hard to move on from a job that has brought me so many good friends and a great guy in my life even though things didn't work out.

Don't quit your job until you've found another one. There is no sense being sad AND broke.

This guy you are so unable to quit... well you were ON AND OFF with him which is natures way of telling you that you're with the wrong fella. Take that at face value, accept the truth which is that you're better off without someone who is in and out of your life. It's like quitting smoking... you;ll never stop if you keep having a drag. So: Butt this guy out for good. No more talk outside of work, no wishing you were still in a dysfunctional relationship with him where you felt good until you needed to leave one another again... that's just stupidity at its finest. I know, easier said then done but no one said it would be easy for you to just get on with your life without him in it but either is quitting smoking and I DO know for sure that once you make your mind up to never put another one in your mouth, you soon enough are indifferent to it and you never want to have another drag again.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

luckily I do have another job already so quitting won't hurt me financially. I just havent been able to let go of this job for sentimental reasons.. but what you say is 100% I just essentially have to quit him

when your working in most cases you have to be professional don't mix work with your own love issues if it has given you good things.
    love is just a feeling that come and go,so if he real doesn't need you any more i think you should admit it this way you feeling towards him will fade away slowly try to go out with friends, meet some new people. but if you have enough guts and you want to pacify the pain in your heart then confront this guy and tell him how you feel you may change his mind back to you. all am saying is try if you still can if he doesn't want you then learn how to leave with it
    dr Leo the powerful love spell caster

drleo.co.za