+ Follow This Topic

Thread: boyfriend is with someone else for money, we are still together

boyfriend is with someone else for money, we are still together

So I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years. It took him almost 1 year to win me over. I didn't love him at first but now I do deeply. and I know clearly he has loved me deeply too. We have had amazing memories together. He has showed me the world, Taken me to places, willing to do everything for me. He was unlimited for me.

There is one problem which comes from me. Because I always have limits. I have been keeping him as a secret, nobody knows about us. Because I am Asian and my parents are very strict. He is American, and he is 15 years older than me, he married once. Thats why I am always afraid my family wouldn't accept him and I'd never had the courage to introduce him to my family. But now I do, yet seems like it's kinda late now.
    There is one other woman. They have been talking for a year and she invested money in his business, which is not going very well. All along I thought there was just business stuff between them. But I found out 4 days ago that it was more than that. She called him her fiancee. I don't know exactly what they have been talking about for a year, he told me just business stuff but seems like he hid a lot from me. She is around same age as he is, she is rich, and she wants to marry him so she can stay in the US legally.

He told me they have had sex since 3 weeks ago. But i doubt it. Because for months, I have been feeling that he doesnt want to spend much time with me. After he gets home from work, he always tells me he had to work on machine so we dont talk much at night. now I look back, I think it was because that lady was with him every night.
    After I found out, he told me the reason he is with her because I couldn't spend much time as he needed me to, and that lady can, she is not afraid to be with him or she can come with him whenever he needs. Also he owes her money and his family is broke and needs his help. So it's like he is being with her for sex and money.
    i told him if he has any feeling for her, he said it is not like what he feels for me, it just feels nice to have someone with him.
    So to him, he is with her for physical needs and also finance.

But he still loves me. I asked if eventually he gives her back her money, would he leave her, and he said he would. It has always been me who he wants to be with

I asked him to refused to be close to her but seems like he cant. I don't know if it's because he's afraid she will get upset if he refuse her, maybe he is scared of her, or he actually enjoys spending time with her. what do you think?
    the other night he swore on his family life not to have sex with her and said he would text me when he got home but he never did, probably because that lady showed up and spent the night with him.and the next night,I came to his place and saw two on them were sitting on the couch sharing a blanket.this is just driving me crazy.I keep fooling myself that maybe he was just acting. but my jealousy drives me crazy.
    He said i'm 95% and she is 30% and he can't see himself stop loving me. should I believe him?
    I want to be with him. I can forgive the past and all this is happening right now if so eventually he comes back to me and we can be together like we used to.
    he said I will just have to trust he will try his best and at the end he will come back to me. should i hold onto this?
    I am afraid the more time he spends with her, the harder he will fall for her.
    how could he do all this to me, he loved me so deeply i knew that.
    it;s like she was his plan B because he didnt have enough faith in our relationship, because to him, he has never been my first priority.
    i told him i can change and i can forgive him, i just need him back.
    but now that lady keeps showing up at his place every night, she also wants to move in. I told him to tell her she cant. yet he didn't think of an excuse yet. because he owes her a lot of money you know.
    maybe it's my fault at first that made he think of a plan B? or maybe he is just a man who likes to cheat even though he loves me? do you think he still loves me? do you think he will ever come back to me? do you think he will dumb that lady after he pays her back??

please help

No... I don' think he loves you and it doesn't matter even if he does because she is giving him everything he needs: Companionship, activity partner, proud to introduce him to her family, able to contribute to his life financially, she's not afraid of what her parents will think of him.

Find a guy your parents will approve of or: stop being controlled by them before you date anyone ever again.

Let this guy go... you're not going to ever be able to give him what she can and you certainly don't want to be with someone who keeps you and her too. There is no point to that and it will emotionally screw you over.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion