+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need advice

I need advice

*met this girl at work about a year ago there was an instant connection between us we have a lot in common we started hanging out outside of work I would take her to lunch dinner sometimes would even take her son to the park She come over to my house and we would cuddle on the couch and watch movies she even slept in my bed a few times but every time I would try to kiss her she would pull way she told me once she was hung up on a previous relationship some guy that had broken her heart so I backed off to Give her sometime to get over it and we just hung out as friends after couple of months I really felt that we were getting closer I took her to the company christmas party she had been laid off and I thought sHe would enjoy going to see some old friends and It give us some time to spend Together she was very distant all night so after the party I put her on the spot and asked her what was going on between us she told me she was still in love with this guy it turns out it was a guy from work A married man. it made me feel like she was leading me on to use me as a bandaid for her broken heart I told her that I didn't want to see her anymore and I haven't seen her her since i think she really did care about me because of the way she acted around me very caring always hugging me and touching me but I'm not sure I want to contact her but I'm not sure if I should any thoughts you have or advice you can give would be appreciated.

Have you considered the fact she must have very poor morals to get involved with a married man? Someone lacking that much integrity would not make a good partner. The best thing you can do now is forget about her and move on.

Learn from this. Don't allow a girl to get that close to you again unless you are officially dating. Why the heck were you sleeping in the same bed without even kissing first? Sure she used you but you let her get away with it.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

She didn't "use" you... You volunteered to be a chump. Save your bed for sleeping alone or for when you've already had sex with the person sharing it. And... in future stop acting the victim. You volunteered to still continue on with her when she clearly told you that she was still hung up on another guy. When someone tells you that then distance yourself and stop being the hanger on that you were. You can't volunteer to do what you did and then blame her for using you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion