+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do I do

What do I do

So bare with me here. I'm 19, never been in a relationship, never kissed a girl act. I've landed in one hell of a delima and have no clue how to handle it. About 4 months ago I met this girl, who is great in every way, same morals same beliefs, and same views on how relationships should work. Now she also has very little experience with relationships, in fact she's only had one boyfriend. And well.... still has. She is my sisters roommate and we've spent a fair amount of time together and after about a month and a half she told me she had feelings for me, and clearly I did too. Anytime we were together we'd have fun and laugh and talk. And would always end up locking eyes and holding eye contact for way to long but it always felt so right and its addictive. Trouble is of course the boyfriend part. She's been with him for 2 years, and she's not happy at all. They constantly fight and have very temporary breakups where he will call her terrible names and say terrible things. And when they are not fighting he still does things I consider to be extremely disrespectful and wrong. We talked a bunch for the next few months and she would go to his house and occasionally come back holding tears back from shit he's done. But she won't leave because she "doesn't want to hurt him" and "is confused". We went home on holiday break and she would text me saying she misses me and wants to see me, and I would return with the same. But then she stops responding and on social media she's calling him her baby and saying how much she loves him. I told her that I can't keep doing this and it's better we don't talk, but now I can't get her off my mind and I feel like I made a big mistake and it's driving me crazy. I just don't know what to do...

You need to do your best not to think about her and keep yourself busy. I hope you learned a lesson here. Never get emotionally attached to someone's GF. It is so wrong. How would you like it if some guy was mackin on your woman?

Tip: never believe what they tell you. People will tend to embellish on how bad their relationship is to gain sympathy. If it was as bad as she said it was, she would have np dumping him, don't ya think?

Why she got involved with you? because she wasn't getting the attention she wanted from her BF. You were her emotional tampon. It doesn't matter how intense you two were, they always go back to the BF. Don't do it again.

The wisest thing you did was break it of with her, and told her to stop contacting you....bravo!