+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Disliking Girlfriend...

Disliking Girlfriend...

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost two years. And 10-ish months ago, his brother got a girlfriend. And I can not stand her. She has done several things for me to not like her...

She has dry humped with my boyfriends brother in the MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR with his dad, grandma, little sister and me in the same room. She has talked shit about me, saying if my boyfriend or I fight, that Im a bad girlfriend. And we deserve to break up. She has told me that she has no problem beating my boyfriend up if he looses his diploma. (She was serious..) and she'll ignore me when I try and talk to her, try to have a civil conversation with her, and she'll either ignore me or get rude and snappy with me. Her boyfriend and her have already been planning on getting married. They're 16 and 15. Also, when my boyfriends mom died, she was there to watch her last moments.

I don't know if Im jealous of them, or if shes just a bitch. I've been trying to be nice. Ive talked to my boyfriend about her, and he said leave it alone. Should I try and talk to her about it or should I leave it?

Whenever she's at their house, it angers me. I know it shouldnt, but I can't help to think she'll start shit with me and start talking crap about me or my boyfriend.

I just need advice on what to do, if anything. Thanks in advance. (:

You sound like an uptight, shrewish C-word.

My advice: Stop being an uptight, shrewish C-word and listen to you boyfriend by "letting it go."
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You sound like an uptight, shrewish C-word.

My advice: Stop being an uptight, shrewish C-word and listen to you boyfriend by "letting it go."
    I'd prefer you not call me a cunt, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulo View Post
    I'd prefer you not call me a cunt, thanks.
    I didn't... I said you sounded like one. If I wanted to call you a cunt I would have said "You're a cunt."
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost two years. And 10-ish months ago, his brother got a girlfriend. And I can not stand her. She has done several things for me to not like her...

She has dry humped with my boyfriends brother in the MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR with his dad, grandma, little sister and me in the same room. She has talked shit about me, saying if my boyfriend or I fight, that Im a bad girlfriend. And we deserve to break up. She has told me that she has no problem beating my boyfriend up if he looses his diploma. (She was serious..) and she'll ignore me when I try and talk to her, try to have a civil conversation with her, and she'll either ignore me or get rude and snappy with me. Her boyfriend and her have already been planning on getting married. They're 16 and 15. Also, when my boyfriends mom died, she was there to watch her last moments.
    While she sounds like a nasty person, she is still very young and not very mature. I think most teenagers had planned on getting married to some of their first girlfriends/boyfriends at that age. How many actually did? Very very few. Also it does sound like you are a little jealous that she was there when your boyfriends mom died. Im guessing you weren't? You can't control when the mom died and who was there. The sooner you accept it and move on the better, rather than letting it eat you up inside.

I don't know if Im jealous of them, or if shes just a bitch. I've been trying to be nice. Ive talked to my boyfriend about her, and he said leave it alone. Should I try and talk to her about it or should I leave it?
    It's both. You're jealous of them in some aspect and she is also just a bitch. You've tried being nice but that didn't work. Only you can control how you react and how to act around her. Gurantee the rest of the family sees her for who she is and probably don't like her. But whatever she does is none of your concern, only your boyfriend and his family. Your boyfriend said leave it alone, I suggest listening you him. Afterall it seems like he has right?

Whenever she's at their house, it angers me. I know it shouldnt, but I can't help to think she'll start shit with me and start talking crap about me or my boyfriend.

I just need advice on what to do, if anything. Thanks in advance. (:
    My advice, leave it alone. Who cares if she talks crap about you or your boyfriend? His family knows you and who you are and probably don't care what she says. If she tries to start shit with you, you be the bigger person and walk away.

This girl is insecure, and to make herself feel in control, she personally attacks you. Remember you have been there longer than she has and she's just trying to move up in the pecking order in this family by beating you down. She is being catty. When you stop giving these people a reaction of any kind, they quickly lose interest. So yes YOU ignore her tactics, comments, and whatever else. When you rise above the immaturity, you become the bigger person, while she makes herself look foolish.