I have had a flirtatious relationship with a man at my gym for about 8-10 months, on and off (sometimes one of us get busy with work and can't go for some time). I introduced myself and we started being acquaintances. I did this because he wouldn't stop staring and I was attracted to him. He acted a little surprised and intimidated when we first started talking. After he warmed up, we talked and flirted almost every time (still do). I asked for his number, months and months ago and we texted briefly. I initiated and he responded thoroughly and thoughtfully. Though he never called, even when I suggested it... We got busy and didn't see each other for a few months. I assumed he wasn't interested, dropped it, and subsequently forgot about him.

Lately, I sense he's become more confident, bolder, and very obvious with the staring and smiling. I sense he hasn't had much experience with women, or wasn't interested at first. Perhaps this is only wishful thinking that he's changed his tune. He now teases me and we get along great. I feel his guy friends know something I don't, and they never approach me, or they are very very polite. The conversations between the boy and I are equally initiated by both of us. We haven't delved much into personal talk outside of work... And I'm not sure if he's single or interested. I'm going to be switching gyms soon (short move away from this city) and really want to give it one last go. I like him. I don't want to force something to happen, but I don't have months and months to wait!

I feel like I want to ask him out directly or ask if he's interested... But that's not subtle enough. What should I do? I'm so confused and anxious! Thank you for reading.