Righty, I'm new to all this but It's doing my head in so i thought i'd ask for some guidance. Me and my gf have been going out for over 2 months and in that time I've found out she has a close knit circle of 4 or 5 girls and she speaks to them on a regular basis via an IM service. 1 of them the other night wrote on it to my gf along the lines of (I can't be word for word) "Are you keeping him or are you getting rid of your little pet" I was sat behind her and I don't snoop but of all the times for me to think whats going on and look, purely out of curiosity, my gf was deleting the messagethat was wrote. I was incensed, I said why were you deleting it and she said because she knew if i saw it i'd go mad! She was right! We calmed down just fine but this "friend" had riled me up! I asked my gf's permission to write a message on her behalfwhich she said ok, i basically wrote "how dare you... anything to say then ring me nowand i'll answer... to which she did.. "Lucy" we'll call her told me i shouldnt be snooping anyway to which i said i wasnt, i was looking at my gf in general when the message popped up! She then asked to speak to my gf, she said it was meant as a joke..
How can you interpret "Are you keeping him or are you getting rid of
your little pet" as a joke??

This does follow a thread of instances where 1 or 2 of my gf's friends have said she'sbecome less chatty now hinting at me in their way. I point out, I've never said to my
gf not to go out or not to talk to them, I'm not a control freak, to which she agreesentirely. It's 2 mornings after and these feelings have just come to the boil now so Iask you experienced heads how best i proceed.

Thankyou for your help in advance.