View Poll Results: What caused the breakup?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • He lost feelings for me/got bored of me

1 50.00%
  • He wasn't ready for a relationship

1 50.00%
  • Parent made him end it

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: QUICK POLL: Not ready for a relationship? Parents? Lost feelings?

QUICK POLL: Not ready for a relationship? Parents? Lost feelings?

Facts:
    1) We dated for 4 months, got to know each other over the course of a year
    2) We're teens
    3) His reason for dumping me was that he just wasn't ready for a relationship, but he said that we could still be friends
    4) He seemed VERY INTO ME until one week prior to the break up, when he was a little less physically affectionate and didn't see me quite as often (but that could be because of parental intervention--see 9)
    5) Up until MINUTES before the break up he texted me ALL throughout the day (as he always did after we started dating) asking about my opinions, interests, what I was up to, giving me updates about his life, saying good night, etc.
    6) I was recovering from an injury... so maybe he just texted all the time because he felt bad for me? We discussed many other things beyond how I was recovering though
    7) He bought me flowers about a week before the break up due to my injury
    8) He always kept up with doing me little favors/being a gentleman (even after the break up!)
    9) One of his parents (who he is VERY close to/who he allows to control nearly his ENTIRE life) made it clear they did not like me

What do you think was the primary cause of this? Please be honest. Thank you very much!

Why did HE tell you he broke up with you?

Whatever the reason... I'd believe him and not worry about why WE think he did when we don't even know him or you.

Don't be his friend. Tell him its all or nothing because if you're not his girlfriend you want to get over him so that you can find someone who does want you to be his girlfriend... Then go zero contact so you can do just that.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Don't be his friend. Tell him its all or nothing because if you're not his girlfriend you want to get over him so that you can find someone who does want you to be his girlfriend... Then go zero contact so you can do just that.
    Thank you; I've taken those steps. When I asked him why he broke up with me, he just kept saying he wasn't ready. But I've heard that's a BS excuse and it just seemed to end so suddenly, so I was hoping for unbiased best guesses.

Hard to tell you which not knowing him but it could be a combination of 'not ready' & ' controlled by his parents view of you'.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Also, does it matter that his reasons for not being with me as much were questionable (again, they could've been invented by his parent to keep away from me, though)?

They were not "questionable." Its clear that he doesn't want to be in a relationship with you (or probably anyone) at the moment. Why he doesn't want to be is not important. Take his reasons at face value and move on.

Stop analyzing it and just accept that its done. By doing that you'll get over it much quicker.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricBowTie View Post
    Also, does it matter that his reasons for not being with me as much were questionable (again, they could've been invented by his parent to keep away from me, though)?
    Think of it this way, it is how I usually rationalize it ~ if someone loves you, they will find a way to be with you, spend time with you, call you, text you, whatever it is because they miss you. If he continues to do nothing then moving on for you is best to do too.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ