+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to move on?

Maybe she got herself a patented Walter White Chemistry Set. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Maybe she got herself a patented Walter White Chemistry Set. :-D
    Okay, now that's bloody funny ... lmao.

You just broke bad, Jester lol
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Okay, now that's bloody funny ... lmao.

You just broke bad, Jester lol
    Well, I'm not broke, but I am pretty bad. ;-)

I have maintained the cautious optimism recommended by TheEvilJester and it....seems...to....be...working. I feel like Costanza; I am doing the opposite of everything I normally do.

So far so good. Pacing myself, not rushing. Learning more and more about each other. The nervous side of me just wants to jump forward but, my rational mind is telling me to stay steady; keep doing what you are doing. It is working.

I really wouldn't get too hung up on the dating scene, the best thing about dating is the fact that you can 'date' lots of people at the same time til you find someone who you'd really like to spend decent time with.

Being perfectly rational about this, you have to understand that not everyone you date will feel the same way about you as you do them.

If this girl isn't showing you what you need or want to see, don't stress about it, move on to the next. Until you become exclusive to one another then there's no point in getting hurt, just see it as a new opportunity to meet someone more suited to you

George likes his chicken spicy.

Glad to hear things are going well for you so far. Good luck to you. I hope they continue to go well. In time, hopefully you find somebody around whom you eventually won't have to hold back, whether that winds up being her or somebody else.

Doh, I should have read the thread before replying.

Apologies for not being very relevant with my post!

I think you must move on... as she had not contact again.
    http://www.californialoveconsultant.com

Well it is done. We talked today and agreed that it is best to move our seperate ways.

I am saddened by this but, I cannot say I am surprised given the inauspicious start we had to our "relationship"; I am saddened by todays event but not overly so. The only part of me really bugging is the addict part of our psyche, you know, the one which grows accustomed to routines (texts, morning meets etc...). Once I develop new patterns I am sure they will overtake the existing ones.

I am unsure on whether or not I should go back on Tinder or maintain my mantra of sticking to the real world and not the online world to meet people.

The sex was good though. Heh.

If you're going to do online then get the fvck of Tinder. It is a hookup site (as told to you early on in the thread)

As for your update... not surprised.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I suppose I was kidding myself.

The hook with this one was that it was the first person that I have ever been with that my attraction to her had no superficiality attached to it. I felt that it was "pure". Ah well, this is why god invented Scotch.

Hey, maybe she wasn't the one, but if it was the first where your attraction wasn't superficial, that's a good start. Don't consider this a failure, but a stepping stone towards getting better at dating and meeting the right girl. Try OKcupid, I think there are more people who are serious about dating there.

Spark or Not?

So if by the 2nd date you don't feel the spark so to speak, you may be walking on thin ice. There is no problem that i see, but if you guys aren't communicating more and more than it could end with no relationship. If you really like her, i suggest you don't give up. Communication is essential in a relationship an starting off with good communication will increase the chances of a long lasting relationship. Also you want to make sure there is excitement in any relationship you are in.

Once you feel the conversation is being forced, that is a hint that there is no real connection or excitement. It could be that she was expecting something more early one like sex. I'm not sure. If you are interested and really like her i advise not to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by nngtwin View Post
    So if by the 2nd date you don't feel the spark so to speak, you may be walking on thin ice. There is no problem that i see, but if you guys aren't communicating more and more than it could end with no relationship. If you really like her, i suggest you don't give up. Communication is essential in a relationship an starting off with good communication will increase the chances of a long lasting relationship. Also you want to make sure there is excitement in any relationship you are in.

Once you feel the conversation is being forced, that is a hint that there is no real connection or excitement. It could be that she was expecting something more early one like sex. I'm not sure. If you are interested and really like her i advise not to give up.
    Did you read this thread?

She doesn't want to be with him so YES he should give up whether he likes her or not is irrelevant. He's tried two times with this bloody twat and your'e encouraging him to not give up? Thats just simply; bad advice.

The funny thing is, I lived abroad for a few years and there I met a lady who became my girlfriend. She was easily the hottest girl I have ever been with and the first girl I ever lived with. The day we called it quits, I schitt you not; it was the happiest day of my life. I was practically doing backflips down the street.

Now this one, while I admit the whole situation was not ideal, made me feel something I never felt before. Physically she was maybe above average, slightly. But I was attracted to her, the person. I was blown away at how non-superficial my feelings were for her, I felt it was pure and that was the engine that kept me going. This break-up (which it really wasn’t, I only use the term because I cannot think of a better one) has been a bit devastating for me. Ah well. Such is life. Forward-ho!

By the way, thanks everyone for the advice; in particular the ones who provide the harsh, or what I call the reality-based advice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast