+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help with my Relationship

Need help with my Relationship

Hopefully this is the right place to post it. I've been trying to cope with this self-problem for a while and I even talked to my GF about it. In the end it's something that only I can solve. I just need some type of advice to help me get there. Because I feel like if I don't come to an understanding I will loose my GF.

So here's the thing. I lost my virginity to my GF and I wasn't her first (Doesn't really matter to me at all). So one day we were talking and somehow her previous relationships came up and she mentioned how she will always have a little place in her heart for her first BF because she lost her Virginity to him and that losing her virginity was a really big thing to her. For some reason this hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt like I could never have all of her heart to myself. Losing my virginity didn't really mean anything till now. Now I feel like she could never share that special moment with me. I really wish she would have never told me this. This is how it's running in my head "You told the guy who lost his virginity to you that he will never replace that special moment and place in your heart". I feel like I'm being selfish and self centered. How do I get over this? Thanks!

I really wouldn't know where to go with this. Sounds like she's 16 years old and still a hopeless romantic. Hopefully someone else will come up with better advice.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Well.. if she lost her virginity to somebody else then yea, duuh.. it can never be you It doesn't mean she doesn't love you or anything. For some girls it is a special moment, for others it's nothing. I wouldn't worry about it because it means NOTHING and you are still the one she loves.

How old are you guys?

I'm in my early 30's and have had a healthy string of sexual relationships, looking back, I can pick out special times and memories of almost each and every one (there are a few shameful shockers too lol!). These memories will always stay with me and play a part in who I am, especially my first, which was a very awkward but awesome experience.

Knowing this is how I feel, I assume that everyone else must feel the same and I think if you asked anyone (not your GF) the same question then they'd concur. This is life, it's a journey made up of lots of experiences, experiences that we remember forever.

It was rather callous of your GF to say what she did to you, not very fair but it's not something that should come as a shock to you.

For girls, losing their virginity is a big deal, far more than for (most) dudes. I know I was in no rush to hold onto mine, were you yours?

Anyway, don't sweat it, it doesn't mean that she won't or can't give you 'all' of her heart. The fact that she's with you and not her ex means that although that was a special time, she's now with you looking to better it.

As you get older this will become clearer but seriously, don't worry and don't judge her for what she said. If anything maybe ask her to not say things like that to you.

Good luck and hope you can move past this... you have lots of fun ahead of you!