+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My boyfriend refuses to accept me in public? URGENT?

My boyfriend refuses to accept me in public? URGENT?

I have a boyfriend of 2 years. He's a struggling theatre and television actor.
    He is cute and tall and lately received prominence and accolades for his looks and role in his last show, after nearly 7 years of no recognition in the industry.

The problem is that he acts single and pretends to be alone in public and to his female followers.
    He only posts his pictures on social sites and never mentions being in a relationship.

He said he was married for 2 years in public which was a cheap joke by him, he played on his female followers.

He went to Indonesia and told all the pretty anchors and hosts that he's single.

He makes me take his photos and posts them on social sites and never posts our pictures on sites.

He had 4 months of busy work and after that he took me to a heritage resort but as usual, I took some pictures of him which he posted and he posted some selfies.

He told me he ll post our picture on Valentine's Day. He posts pictures with his friends but he never posts pictures with me.

If he really loved me he wouldn't hide me like this. There is no such thing as privacy because if people start being private like this, all married/engaged people would claim they are unmarried!

Why is he doing this? There are lots of men who are exceedingly handsome but don't hide their relationship. If they don't want to post much, they don't reveal many photos but at least they show 1 pic or at least say they are attached.

For mere girls and fame, he will hide me like this and act single? Plus he loves female attention and flirts too.

Why is he doing this?
    he's 33 years old.
    Follow1

Well that's quite disrespectful to you then isn't it.

I get to a point why he would want to protect your privacy, your's and his as a couple especially if he's now in public eye but if his angle is to simply 'hide' you so others think he's single and he does this for added attentions or fan bases, well then, you must have a talk with him. He seems to be under the impression he'll lose female fans if they think he's in a serious relationship and while this may be true for many women, others will take no heed of such things and will continue to be his fan regardless of his status. He ought know this.
    Married men or spoken for men are 'catnip' for some women.

Sounds like you've got your hands full there lady. So what it'll come down to is what you are willing to accept and/or tolerate.
    You need to school him a little more on respecting you.....

I agree, is very disrespectful . i he would really like only to protect you would be like "yea i am in a relationship, but i want to keep my private life".
    I am sorry to hear that, you deserve someone who truly loves you

Why is he doing this?
    Well, you answered that question yourself when you said this:

If he really loved me he wouldn't hide me like this.
    Obviously, he doesn't love you.

He's likely got one hidden like you in every city he's ever been in.

If you really loved yourself you wouldn't settle to be a secret. Think "Dirty Dancing:" "Nobody hides Baby in the corner."

If he doesn't out you on Valentines Day like he promised then you're an idiot to stay with him. Hell, I think you'd be one even if he does announce your status. Seems he doesn't value you much or he wouldn't have hid you to begin with. I'd have a hard time trusting someone that isn't single but wants to pretend to the world that he is.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 09-02-15 at 11:45 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You've been writing different versions of the same story for so long. I think the problem is that you're addicted to the drama which comes from fvcking a second rate actor. You think you're a girlfriend, but you're nothing more than a groupie.

It's time to stop complaining and be sensible. Stop hanging out with all these shallow media personalities (your ex was one too, yes?) and find yourself a regular guy who can give you the type of relationship you want.

At present, you've simply got what you deserve.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by samantha11 View Post
    He is cute and tall and lately received prominence and accolades for his looks...
    You seem to be as shallow as this dude woman so in as much I hate to say this ( I'm actually lol'ing right now), you deserve to be treated that way.

I would definitely agree with the overall thoughts here, that he is extremely disrespectful, and you should not allow yourself to be treated this way. As Woody said, I could understand if he wanted to hide you a little bit for the sake of protecting your privacy. However, if that was his concern, he wouldn't be specifically telling people he is single, or hitting on other women like that. Give that he is a celebrity (or aspiring to be one, at least) there is nothing wrong with just being honest that he has a girlfriend, but doesn't want to be too open about specifics about you in order to maintain your privacy. That's not what he's doing. He's going out of his way to act as though he is single, and that is flat out disrespectful to you.

Sounds to me like either A) he wants his potential female fans to think he is single because he thinks it will help him build a bigger fan base or B) he is just using you, and is likely to have other women he is doing/has done this to as well. Neither of those sound like very admirable options if you ask me.

Personally, I think my advice would be to leave this loser, but perhaps I am being a little too cynical. So, at the very least you should talk to him about it. Let him know how it makes you feel that he does this. Ask why he feels the need to do that. If it is for your privacy, then I'd say make it clear you appreciate that, but not at the expense of him acting as though you don't even exist.

Good luck to you either way.