+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he going to come back to me?

Is he going to come back to me?

Hi,

After one year of living together and being in love, my separated boyfriend decides that he needs to go back to his family ( wife and 1 son - 20 years and 1 daughter -18 years) in order to sort things out. He said he goes back so he can have the time to talk to his children about his decision to sell the house and make a final separation with their mother.

I was very disappointed because I know and I have been proven how much he loves me but he was so afraid of what the divorce will bring. He didn't have the courage the do it while being with me. He left his home for me one year ago, after being secretly in love with me for 2 years prior to that.

Anyway, he went home and from the first evening he started to text me how much he misses me and that this is hell and he loves me. I ignored his texts for days and he became more desperate and longing for me. After 4 days he came to pick up a bill and said that he feels at home in our flat and that he talked to his wife how much he loves me and how he has been happy with me. Also that he knows it's not goodbye now and that we will see each other soon again and that he doesn't want to stay there- he didnt even unpacked. It's been one week since he left and he is texting all time and sending me pictures with us and so on.

I told him that he made his decision to go there and I don't know how long it will take for him to sort out his life and if he is coming back. Just don't want to hope forever and stay and wait for him. I want a clear answer and him to stop texting me and let me move on.

Just don't understand what he is doing and if he ever wants to come back. I still love him and we have never been apart in one year. His decision really shocked me...Do you think he will come back?

We don't know. You have to ask him. But first you have to give him a week to think about things for himself.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I was very disappointed because I know and I have been proven how much he loves me but he was so afraid of what the divorce will bring. He didn't have the courage the do it while being with me. He left his home for me one year ago, after being secretly in love with me for 2 years prior to that.
    Buhahahahahah... You lost!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion