+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ugly guy can't get friends.

Too Ugly to have friends. Tried everything, nothing works.

I'm an ugly man who's been trying to get friends for a while.

People to hang out with and eat with, see cool stuff, and maybe even go to parties. I've always liked the idea of parties and they sound really cool, I've never been to one.

Not in middle school, high school, college, or anything in between.

It's so hard being this ugly and trying to get friends. I can feel it everywhere I go. Walking down the street men stare, women don't even bother to look at me. Sometimes groups of them go by and I can hear them laughing about me once they get past.

Every weekend I'm alone and I spend that night walking around. Nobody's alone, they all have tons of friends with them, big groups of them. They're laughing and running around, it makes me so sad and so angry at the same time. I want so badly what they have but I've never had it before because nobody wants to help me with it.

I heard getting a girlfriend can sometimes help with getting hang out friends but women are out of the question. They're much repulsed by me than the men are, which is saying something.

I don't know what to do. I cry a lot and wish so hard I looked different, maybe even just average, that would be a blessing. I just want to have a normal life like everybody else but the world hates everything they see.

What do I do? Please help.

- - - Updated - - -

I did try recently trying to hang out with some other friends I made.

I decided to take some advice I found her and initiate the first invite to them. We seemed to like similar things so I got their number and texted them from time to time.

I did some more research and found out people usually go out on the weekends between 11 PM - 1 AM so I text my new friends then.

I had 5 people.

They all said no.

Every weekend I would text them and every weekend they would give me an excuse. It was most likely fake.

They never sent an invite to anything they were doing after that. I waited and waited for them to maybe text maybe but none ever did.
    Last edited by acuriousman; 02-03-15 at 08:28 AM.

This has nothing to do with your looks but with your insecurity from your poor self image. People get that nervous/self loathing vibe from you it repels them. Plus since you are so lonely, your desperation seeps through and it makes people uneasy.

Seek out a life coach, sign up for rock climbing lessons, join a exercise boot camp....this will boost your confidence in yourself. When you boost your confidence, you improve your outlook and become outwardly positive about yourself, and this will attract people to you. Also look for inspirational/self improvement books.

- - - Updated - - -

The add when you get involved with physical activities, you meet other people while doing it.

Oh and BTW it's the other way around....in order to meet a GF, you need friends first.

Oh sweetheart reading this has broken my heart. It is not your physical books that make you attractive or make you a good friend. Hey is your heart and your soul. Maybe you need to find hobbies and interest that you like and you can meet people that way. Get to know yourself that way. Pick up new hobbies. Get a dog. They're great companions you can take the dog for walks and get to know your neighbors or take them to the dog park and get to know the people there. I've met good friends doing this. And as far as a girlfriend unfortunately the prior post is correct you need to have confidence in yourself. Confidence attracts women. Not looks. At least the women that you want to meet. Haven't you ever noticed the ugliest man with the most beautiful women? It's because the man is much more than his looks. He's a wonderful wonderful person and probably treats her like a princess. Get confidence in yourself and believe in yourself. If you have to make a list of all the things that you like about yourself and really focus on the app we all have our ups and downs. But that's what makes us unique and beautiful. Please update on your progress