+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am i wrong ???? Please help

Am i wrong ???? Please help

Hi everybody . im seeking some answers in here, not because it really matters anymore but i can't seem to put my thoughts and my wondering to rest ..
    the thing is i recently had a long term realtionship, me myself is from Denmark , and the guy was from colorado. we met last summer and things went crazy from there..
    the things is i recently found out he had been texting this other girl from denmark. and i asked him how he knew her ? and he told me he met her two years ago on a bar, but they were just friends now.. and im like okay ? what can i say , it bothers me but he did meet her before and he told me it was two years ago he even had any interest in her.
    but then i saw some text he had been texting her last summer the first week we met about how he had met this girl ( ME ) but was more intrigued by her , and she nicley rejected him because she told him she met a guy, and that was it.. then i discorvered they had been texting while me and him was in a relationship . where he would be telling her how he was horny all the time , and how he have had dreams about her and calling her pretty stranger and stuff like that.. so i confronted him about the fact the last summer he was interested in her even more then me ! and that he told me it was two years ago !!! i also found out that while he was visiting me here in denmark , he had been texting her to meet up for a cup of coffee twice. but she was too busy ... and finally i contacted the girl to hear what was going on ! she told me they NEVER MET !! he found here on a dating site last summer when he met me and he still kept in contact with her .
    and i had to have a huge fight with him to get him to delete her but he wouldnt , so the sweet girl understood me and she deleted him ! ...
    We broke up after this whole episode , also because of some other things...
    he still says that he never had any intentions of getting it on with her or any emotions towards her other then friends.. but i also know that after she deleted him from facebook he have been on her profile looking ???

Am i overreacting guys ?? seriously what was going on in his head cause he wont be honest with me and i cant stop wondering ...

You're long distance and he wasn't keeping you as his only option. Find a good man in Denmark and don't start up anything with any other men that are not living where you are. This will more likely then not just happen again with anyone who you conduct a fantasy, online relationship with. When there is no tangible girlfriend to hold and be with, then there is no reason to remain monogamous in mind or physically.

and ...

Yes you did the right thing by ending the fantasy. Now you just have to go zero contact so that you can get to the stage of indifference to the fantasy of him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Long distant relationships are tough to make work at best. This guy sounds like a player who is only after some tail. I don't think he ever had intentions of a real relationship with you other than sex. You can rest easy as you made the right decision and now you should take what you've learned from this relationship and use it to find the one you really want and deserve. Always trust your instincts and you'll be fine as you were in this case. Good for you for being smart and taking control of your situation. Good Luck in your future endeavors.