+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Blown My Mind. Need help desperately!

Blown My Mind. Need help desperately!

In a nutshell, I just started seeing this amazing educated girl (senior at a top school I went to as well) and I'm head over heels for her. We've been texting for like 4 weeks and clicked great and a few nights ago I had my second date with her. Long story short, she's all over me and very, very sexual (and that's great!) and she says she wants to keep seeing me. I brought up that I really like her and hope that things can become an official relationship eventually but she said that, because she got out of a relationship over a year ago, she's not ready for that now and doesn't know how long it will be until she is, if she ever is at all.

I really like this girl so much and I'm willing to wait for her and I'm more than happy to fool around in the meantime (guy's dream come true!) but how do I play this situation with the intention of trying to turn this into a real, long-term relationship in time? She said she's not opposed to seeing what happens but just isn't ready to commit now and may not ever be but she didn't rule a long-term relationship out either.

I also understand that two dates isn't enough time to take things in a serious relationship-type direction but I just need help figuring out how to steer this ship toward an ideal destination. Please advise!

Hi King. One post is enough

You can't steer another person into doing something which isn't what they want. Well, I guess you could railroad them into it, but that's hardly ethical.

My best advice is to listen to what she says and respect it. If she can't give you what you want, then end it and look elsewhere. But don't try and manipulate the relationship into something she's not looking for.

And lastly, don't wait forever in limbo.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.