+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what does he want?!

what does he want?!

Started talking to a guy online, swapping numbers and arranging a date within a week. Went on the date (my first ever) got a little flirty towards the end, i.e playfully pushing each other and making playful digs, but he took me home after 2 hours and didn't "make a move" i messaged him saying thanks, he responded "no kiss!" ended up turning around and coming back for me (things did get a little handsy).
    He then had to go abroad for a business trip for a week, still messaged me but only to moan about work. And there was also sexting. He seems to only respond when it is about him or sex. He does actually ask how I am every so often. He also told me I looked stunning in a new picture.
    We arranged date two but he cancelled the night before due to being ill. We hadnt actually arranged a time to meet and he didn't message back until i had prompted him twice telling me he was ill (we had been discussing the date that morning).
    He has now told me that he is going away again for work in a few weeks (this time 6 weeks). He said "if you want us to carry on that is fine". I asked what it was he actually wants from this and he said he is going with the flow. Still seems really bothered about sex.
    I actually like this guy and obviously he likes me in some way. However, he fails to text back when it shows he has read a message and been online numerous times since. Am I going to end up getting hurt? I am worried this is one sided and he says what he thinks I want to hear. I have a habit of panicking, putting my guard up and backing off in these situations and don't want to do that if this is down to me!!!
    Last edited by Loralou; 19-03-15 at 11:04 AM.

Yep - you're reading this right. It's one sided.

Not only that, but if he was keen for a relationship, he would be spending much more time wanting to get to know you as a person instead of concentrating on sex and talking about himself.

Just stop messaging him and delete him from social media. If he's only being half arsed about this, he doesn't need a 'talk' to end it.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

He did say we could rearrange and suggest a nights stay somewhere... Neither of us live alone. But again, I assume that is just for one thing.

Of course it's just for sex. Unless he starts to show an interest in you as a person, move on.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.