+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Totally clueless

Totally clueless

I'm a 44yr old male, divorced and trying to date again. Before I got married, I never had trouble getting a date, it just happened naturally, never had to try. Now that I'm single and in the dating world once again, it feels like I woke up on a different planet. I truly believe social media, dating sites, and smart phones have ruined dating. Nobody wants to talk on the phone, they just want to text back and forth. I don't understand how you're supposed to get to know someone by texting?

Then don't bother texting and get to know them face to face. Text them to ask them out and then after that text them just to say.. "call me, I'd like to talk." If they don't call you then pffft... they're not all that interested to begin with.

I think if you're not trying to date under the age of 35 then you should be able to find someone that knows how to appreciate the voice function on their hand held.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post

I think if you're not trying to date under the age of 35 then you should be able to find someone that knows how to appreciate the voice function on their hand held.
    You would think thats the case, but to my surprise, its been women near my age that are reluctant to talk on the phone. I just dont get it.