+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he leading me on?

Is he leading me on?

So I had this guy in our batch that I've known since I was in 1st grade. Around august or september 2014, we started chatting and he was flirting—not necessarily, just kissy and heart emojis—you get the idea. He stopped a few days after that. Leaving me hanging suddenly. Months later, we chatted again and started saying ilys. He stopped again after a few days. I was left hanging again.

We used to tease a close friend of mine to some guy. The day of our prom, he told my friend he'd dance me if she'd dance the guy. He brought it up. They told me this and I agreed since I was really thrilled. My friend continued to refuse so i decided to tell her that i'd dance him(the guy that i like now) and this guy who likes me. She agreed and they danced. After that I danced with the guy who likes me.

Guy A (the one i like) danced with me. We talked. He asked me if GUY B (the one who likes me) has a chance on me and I told him no. He asked why and i told him i only see guy b as a friend. He then looked at me and asked: how bout me, do i have a chance?

And i was just staring at him. He started laughing after a few moments, saying he was joking and i smiled. Then he started asking again, this time seriously. And i was effing nervous and it just slipped out that "maybe, maybe you have a chance"

We dance another time after that.

Now we're chatting again but he just 'seen'ed me and replies the next night.

I'm getting really frustrated.

I think he still likes his ex, but why lead me on?

Ugh it's whacking my brain.

Advice please? And sorry for the long post. Thank you.

-pi

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the last message he sent me was last night around 9. He then stopped replying but he was online the whole night. And he was too this morning and noon. I checked our convo and saw the seen message. So he seened me. The time was 11 something last night. Now i checked it again and it was an hour ago from now. He's online right now and he didn't bother replying. And he reread the messages again, that's why the seen message changed time.

Why are you letting him play you? When a guy wants to be with you in more ways then screwing with your head until you screw him out of desperation, he'll let you know by asking you out, getting to know you better by dating you, talking to you on the phone, (texting now a days in that superficial manner), and showing you in ways how he values you and your companionship.

All this guy is doing is fking with your head so stop letting him. He's just working it so that you think that little crumbs of texting conversation actually means something to him like it does to you. He don't care about you or that you like him but he'll let you blow him if you want.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thank you for that. I needed some slapping to get back to reality. I just don't understand his intentions since he was a friend. Like a good friend since 1st grade and then he suddenly does that shit.

But i'm done. So yeah, thank you for that really **** him and all, idgaf anymore.

If this is the guy you're talking about in your other thread that has a girlfriend then I'm going to change my answer to this:

He is not interested in you the way you are interested in him. He has a girlfriend who he does not want to offend by appearing to others as if he is cheating on her to be with you.

DO keep having the idgaf anymore attitude with him and find yourself a good female friend that you can open up to and joke around and with whom you won't be giving other people the wrong idea with.

He is the type of guy that most women want.... one that respects the sensibilities of his girlfriend and wouldn't want to do anything to make her lose trust for him.

If I'm wrong then my first post still stands.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Oh this is a different guy haha. But the other guy, the one with a gf is his friend and they're actually good friends.

The other guy knows that I like this guy and he's actually supporting me and all but I told him yesterday to forget about it cause I don't like this guy anymore. And yeah, i really dont give a fck anymore lol

Thank you for the help :3