+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Update on Girl Dating Older Guy Thread

Update on Girl Dating Older Guy Thread

Hey there guys,
    I'm not sure if the same people stick around long enough to remember, but I posted a thread about 3 months ago looking for advice.
    I was the girl in a bad situation with a much older guy, while living with his family in a really bad environment states away from my own family (I moved for him), etc.
    It's been about two months since I broke up with him and moved back home to Louisiana.
    I am working on finding a job and transferring back into school soon. Looking back, I am embarrassed that I even lowered myself to that level of living and lack of love, and do not plan on dating again until I am secure in my life and self confidence. (It might be years, but I'm at a place where I am okay with that.)
    I just wanted to say thanks for the tough love and sound advice I received here on the forums.
    I literally had no one else to confide in except for my mom at that time and who was also a thousand miles away at that point, so your outside advice REALLY helped and made me see that my sobering/awakening thoughts really weren't that crazy.

Things are much better now!
    Thanks again!
    -Nicole

Thanks for your update Nicole. So glad to hear that you're getting your life back on track

Good luck xx
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.