+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She Just Broke Up With Her Boyfriend

She Just Broke Up With Her Boyfriend

Hi, This girl I have known for a while has just broke up with her boyfriend.

We had been talking for a while and recently she had been saying how she was more and more unhappy in her relationship, to the point of getting depressed over it.

She expressed that she was developing feelings for me, but then backed away as did I because she was in a relationship, over the last two months we met up a couple of times, "as friends" but the vibe was certainly "very" friendly and she was initiating a lot of physical contact and there was a lot of long eye contact from us both, we had great fun. When she would leave she'd say "i wish i didn't have to go" and i'd be like "yeah but we can't do anything you have a boyfriend" and she would say "we can't do anything.... yet"

she called me three days ago to tell me she had split up with him, that it was a long time coming and what she wanted. I talked for a little while but she didn't emotional tampon me or anything, just kind of letting me know, but she said she wasn't upset yet but that it'd hit later and she just needed some girl time with her friends, good idea i said.

Since then she's checked in every day but not really stayed in the convo for long which is all good.

Anyways I really like her but i'm aware i'm in dangerous territory here, it was a 2 year relationship although she was very unhappy for the last 6 months of it.

What's standard operating procedure here? I'm thinking give her time to get over the breakup, not crowd her and wait until she mentions getting together then just treat it like a standard date situation?

Just want ladies opinions.

Ask her out. You two have been flirting and acting inappropriately (since she had a boyfriend) for a while now. Don't let the attraction fizzle to you becoming her girlfriend with dangly bits.

I usually would say give her space and let her get over the last relationship but I think she's been over that for a while and your attraction to her helped her to end things with him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

She let you know because she knows you want her & she probably wants you too, why tell you about the breakup immediately if not. Go for it, nothing to lose, & she's free now.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I think she has emotionally not been connected with her ex for a while, girls don't hang out and flirt with other guys if they are truly committed and happy in their relationship. Ask her out on a date and just go with what feels right, if the chemistry is there, what's the point in waiting?

very good interesting temm for me and manis athes piples around me and freands of my wife

There's only one thing you need to do boy

STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS HOT
    formysweetheart.com <---unbelievably romantic gift ideas