+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A slight problem haha

A slight problem haha

Okay so I'm just wondering a few things. First off I'm 16. There was this girl I knew when I was 5 years old. Now I am 16 at a school coop thing this fall and I see her there. But I don't know it's her. She lives 30 minutes away. I like her a lot. I've known her for the past 8 months. But in the middle of the year, she switched schools and is now going to public school. That school is really far away. I hate the coop thing I go to also. We text sometimes, and she just seems friendly. She's very pretty and has a nice personality. Thing is, she lives so far away and now she doesn't even go to my school, I can't ever talk to her.

What would you do in this situation where you have a really like a girl, but you don't know if she likes you and she lives far away. She is 16 too.
    She told me one night she remembers me, and I didn't remember her from when I was 5 but then she texted me her pic from then and I remember now.

So idk what to do. If you have any opinions let me know. And how do you know if a girl likes you if she is kind of shy? And don't say I need to get over her cause maybe I will maybe I won't it won't help now cause I like her soooooo much.

Thanks

Why not pursue some of the girls that live closer to you? You'll have a hard time nurturing a relationship of distance at your age. It's hard enough when you're able to drive to see her regularly never mind when you can't even do that.

Don't keep texting her and continuing to allow yourself to think you like her more then you actully do when you've not even gone out with her and you're not able to see her often enough to form a TRUE bond based on face to face interaction.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Goodness that would be hard tho. I had a crush on a girl when I was 12 and it still hasn't gone away gotten weaker but she moved states.
    I don't think I will ever forget this girl she is always on my mind.

I don't think I will ever forget this girl she is always on my mind.
    Well, it's no wonder. You keep nurturing your crush instead of doing the mental work you need to do to get over it.

Start consciously changing the thoughts of her when she pops into your mind to something else or someone else, don't creep her social networking sites, get yourself out there and make a good and exciting/interesting life for yourself doing things that will take your mind off of her, accept that it's never going to come to frutition and then tuck her away instead of harbouring the crush like it was your best friend.

You may never forget her but that's way different then still being obsessed/infatuated/in limerence over her.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 25-02-15 at 08:24 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Why not pursue some of the girls that live closer to you?
    It would be hard to be interested in other girls when one has strong feelings for another girl.

I find it so hard.

-USAbro
    Last edited by USAbro; 25-02-15 at 02:49 PM. Reason: added something

I can tell my feelings for her are here to stay for a while.

... and I can tell that you'll be wasting your good dating years on a lost cause. Your choice but why you'd want to do THAT is beyond me.

Is it creepy to tell her she is the most beautifully stunning girl I have ever seen? Is that creepy. Tell her over twitter dm.

Quote Originally Posted by USAbro View Post
    Is it creepy to tell her she is the most beautifully stunning girl I have ever seen? Is that creepy. Tell her over twitter dm.
    Depends on the girl. If she's into physical appearance, she might really like the compliment. But if she's more into wanting to be appreciated for her brains , she may bothered that you're only seeing her beauty.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Depends on the girl. If she's into physical appearance, she might really like the compliment. But if she's more into wanting to be appreciated for her brains , she may bothered that you're only seeing her beauty.
    Would she consider this "hitting on her?" I think she is smart and funny but super pretty too.

Leave this bulshit bro. You will just look back on it after few years and see how stupid it was to thing of girl thats so far from you when many available girls are near you. Not saying you have to get crush on other girl but start casual with little things maybe date or two and eventually you will heal and think more rational. Once you get enough interaction with other girls your feelings will cool down for the old girl. I mean there are so much things you never did with girls yet and everything you need is right there where you live.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by USAbro View Post
    Would she consider this "hitting on her?" I think she is smart and funny but super pretty too.
    yes, she probably would think you were hitting on her. However, I would caution against this approach. I think you should just ask her on a date and if she accepts, let it progress naturally.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Stop texting. Be a man and ask her out. Go out with her and have a chat over a meal, coffee, do whatever

Bring up the good old memories both of you shared. It helps create sentimental feelings

Don't ask her to be your girlfriend directly. Make yourself attractive to her. Be cool.

Distance doesn't matter where true love is concerned. Good luck!
    formysweetheart.com <---unbelievably romantic gift ideas