+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting really fed up with wife.

Getting really fed up with wife.

We've been together 15 years but this past while there is nothing but fall outs. I can't seem to do anything without her going in a strop. And when she's in a strop she says some really hurtful things in the spur of the moment. I've bit my tongue thus far but I am close to royally f##king her of and walking.

A lot of issues are to do with her family. I married her and got another dozen thrown in free of charge. They are so close and they don't like me yet she's blind to it, they can do no wrong, they leave me out, ignore me etc. If I say anything im the worst in the world. She recently said I ruin her life after I said something about them, or just this morning, id be better off without you after another argument.

I pondered over this all day. I was planning to tell her I'm going back to my parents for a while but couldn't get the word out. We have 3 kids which complicate things.

Any advice

Ok, first up - your wife's behaviour is completely unacceptable. If there were no kids, I'd say to just get the hell out. But there are kids, so I think the two of you owe it to them to give a red hot go at fixing this.

If you and your wife both agree that you want to work on the marriage, I'd be getting into marriage counselling immediately. I think that a third person may be better in helping the two of you see the marriage dynamics more clearly.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.