+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl in love

Girl in love

Ok so I'm 19 years old and I still live at home with my parents, they're a little on the "over protective" side. OK so long story short, my boyfriend said something really hurtful to me and I told my parents , now my parents won't let us see each other. He can't pick me up anymore and my parents have made me cut off all contact with him . Well, we're in love and we've both said and done things to hurt each other and I regret getting my parents involved, my parents threatened to disown me if I went back to him , my boyfriend thinks I'm childish for involving them in the first place. I really want to get back together with him but my parents won't budge, what should I do , I'm stressed, depressed, and love sick , we've even considered conceiving a child JUST so we could be together lol (Yes it's THAT serious ) someone PLEASE HELP ME.

Here's a question: why would two people who are supposedly in love say things to hurt each other?

Whatever it was that he said, I would imagine that it was one of those things that the rest of us would see as a deal breaker. Whatever he said was certainly abhorrent enough to have him banned from contacting the family.

It's your parents job to guide you into making good decisions for yourself. If you are proving yourself unable to make good decisions, they may have to step in. The whole reason you went to your parents in the first place would have been because you trust their judgement and needed some wisdom, yes?

Your boyfriend calls you childish for taking this to your parents. This just proves the point that your parents are seeing. He's not taking responsibility for hurting you in the first place - instead, he's blaming you for seeking advice from a trusted source.

The only way I can see this as being recoverable is for your boyfriend to speak with your family and explain himself. IF he does a good enough job of owning his own behaviour and working on change, they may come around. It goes without saying that you also need to grow up and stop hurting him too. Emotionally mature, reasonable people just don't hurt each other like this.

Lastly, if the two of you were to get pregnant just to stay together, it would only prove to your parents how immature you both are.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.