+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he just 'warming up'?

Is he just 'warming up'?

So I've been dating this guy for a couple months after being 'friends' for a few months... (Long story I just didn't have time to date, had some personal stuff going on)

We've been having sex since early on, which I think is mainly because we already had such a good connection and friendship develop... in fact I was doubting if the physical would be good cause it would be the total package. lol.

Well, it WAS and IS AWESOME!

Funny thing is that he's really hard to read.... really hard. like poker (no pun intended) face.... In fact it really put me off at first but when I asked him he was like "What are you crazy, that was the best ever!!!!".... sooo I just was like ok, this is just how he is?

He does look at me, but he's often expressionless. lol. It's like he's more looking at me to read me and how much I enjoy what he's doing. And he is SUPER attentive - he has found buttons I didn't even know I had just because he really pays attention.

Well then recently (in the past week) I noticed he's showing some emotion on his face... a little smile, or at one point when I had a big "o" he had that "OMG YES" kind of look on his face....

Now I'm wondering, like is this a thing? Is he just taking this long to open up? I used to really think he wasn't that into me because of the way I couldn't read him..... was I wrong about that???

He's much more closed than I am in general... so then my q would be- is this a sign that he may open up in other ways too?

(I did notice over the past two weeks things have kind of hit another level... lol... I started staying over at his house some nights (he actually wanted me too, I would have waited longer), the texts during the day have slowed while we're at work but his desire to spend more time in person has amped up (i kind of view this as the start of the exit of the honeymoon period lol..like it's getting more real), and just a couple other things. He gave me his door code. stuff like that)

What would you like to happen with this man? You've been having sex but you were not dating... Now you're dating and you're still having sex. Is that how you want it to be since "you don't have time to date?" Did you want a committed and exclusive bf/gf relationship with him?

You said you've been "dating" a guy for a couple of months after being friends because you didn't have time to date. Are you telling us that you agreed to be FB's/FWB's in the beginning?

By "dating" do you mean he actually takes you out and does date-like things with you?

What exactly is different now that you're "dating" as opposed to what it was like when you weren't dating????

... O.o ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    What would you like to happen with this man? You've been having sex but you were not dating... Now you're dating and you're still having sex. Is that how you want it to be since "you don't have time to date?" Did you want a committed and exclusive bf/gf relationship with him?

You said you've been "dating" a guy for a couple of months after being friends because you didn't have time to date. Are you telling us that you agreed to be FB's/FWB's in the beginning?

By "dating" do you mean he actually takes you out and does date-like things with you?

What exactly is different now that you're "dating" as opposed to what it was like when you weren't dating????

... O.o ...
    oh no... completely misunderstood!

Were 'friends' in the beginning meaning mostly text, talk on phone etc. He kept asking me out, offering to help me with stuff etc because he wanted to hang out...I put him off. Then got to a point where I had my stuff together, plus quite frankly couldn't stop thinking about him. he's a really great guy... so started dating. Had sex pretty quickly once we started dating- but after having a convo with him he assumed exclusive as soon as sex and isn't interested in even looking for anyone else. (me too btw). He also told me straight out when I put him off that he isn't the type to be a FWB's so he was fine waiting till my stuff cleared up so I had time for an actual relationship.

All in all, we are awesome together. He tells me that he hopes he shows me how much I mean to him and how much he appreciates me. My limited schedule keeps us at 2 or 3 days a week, but that's good cause he's got hobbies and interests and it leaves both us with our own lives for now.

Now we are in an exclusive relationship, and we vary...sometimes we go out. We try to go to a winery on the weekend or out to a cool little micro brewery during the week. Every once in a while we will just stay in. =) But that just depends on what I want. He is super sweet with me and pretty much gives me whatever I want! lol (Not a bad trait in a man! LOL) But a typical night during the week is going out for dinner and drinks, going back to his place... sex... then I usually go home because my commute is an 1 1/2 hours from his place. Though last week I actually did stay over - wasn't too horrible or a drive. Worth the extra middle of the night and morning sex! lol. Weekend usually means one day we try to spend at least 8 hours togethers... depends on what I have going on with my child. But we'll go for a long drive to a winery, just hang out...watch stupid videos on youtube while we lay in bed laughing until someone snorts...lol. you know fun stuff. We LAUGH A LOT together. Then sex. =)

While the sex is awesome, and super important to both of us, it is far from the ONLY thing we are about....

MAYBE that will help answer the original post????? Maybe now you can see why it's so odd that it's hard for me to read him?

...and the hard to read thing... is mostly in bed- OR if I bring up a subject that's not easy for him to discuss, like he's not comfortable with it. He can express himself with words and actions quite well, but if I had to rely on an expression there'd be no way in hell I'd know what he's talking about... But in some areas I'm starting to see that poker face easing a bit...

Glad I asked the questions.. *grinz*

Sounds like you have a lovely relationship that's blooming nicely. His actions are showing you that he values you and it appears his words are matching his actions. I'll assume you can read his body language well enough

I'd not be too worried about his facial expressions.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Glad I asked the questions.. *grinz*

Sounds like you have a lovely relationship that's blooming nicely. His actions are showing you that he values you and it appears his words are matching his actions. I'll assume you can read his body language well enough

I'd not be too worried about his facial expressions.
    Thanks for the nice words.

I guess the reason the 'can't read him' thing bothers me because I've been lied to in the past by people. he's not indicated any of those traits but ...I think it scares me that he COULD and I would never know... cause I can't tell...