+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being stupid?

Am I being stupid?

A few weeks ago I told a guy I worked with (I don't work there anymore) that I liked him, he told me he felt the same and had liked me since he first knew me I should point out this man is in the process of a separation (only split from his wife mid Feb).

Last Friday ( a week today) I messaged him asking would he fancy going out on a casual date. He wb saying he'd love to and couldn't believe that I liked him, reiterating again how much he liked me. I then asked when he was free for a coffee...no response, sent a general message on Sunday, no response and then finally text him on Monday saying it was no problem, I knew when I was being given the flick and was totally fine with it.

He then responded to that one saying he absolutely wasn't giving me the flick, he liked me and would love to meet up for a coffee he'd just been busy with his kids.
    I then wb saying no worries and basically that I'd let him decide when he was free....I've heard nothing.

Am I right in thinking he's never going to message? It's now Friday. Or should I take what he says at face value? I gave him the option to say he wasn't interested and he didn't but it seems like he is? Opinions please.

He may well be interested, but if he can't get his act together to even go on a first date, I strongly doubt he'll have the time to be a good partner.

At this point in time, I'd suggest you keep your options open with other guys. He may or may not get his act together - but if he doesn't call, there's no need to have a discussion about it. Just let it go and move on.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thanks for your advice I agree I need to keep my options open it's just hard when this mutual 'thing' has been there for over 2 years.
    I feel like I need to actually have him say no, or he doesn't want to spend time with me to actually make me stop liking him? I'm aware that sounds silly, but I want to convey that to him so I get a straight answer as opposed to leaving it open, with me always wondering (even though I probably have no reason to if he can't text). Granted I want to convey it without sounding mental lol!

Ah, but consider the alternative to getting an answer from him. Think about getting an answer from yourself! Trust yourself on the question of "is this guy likely to give me the relationship I need?" If the answer is No, then you can decide the future for yourself.

When I say "wait for him to call you", I don't mean to wait indefinitely. Wait for 3 or 4 days. If he doesn't call, then move on. If he calls after that, then tell him that you aren't interested in the type of half arsed courting that he's doing.

Avoid the mistake of giving him the power. Work out your expectations and stick to them. And don't bother with people who can't give you what you need.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.