+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Repeated mistake and don't know if being together is our fate!!

Repeated mistake and don't know if being together is our fate!!

Hello

I joined in hoping i would get a friend to speak my heart to. I've been writing my diary about it since long but i guess there's always a need for advice. I am in a mess! and honestly i created it. my best friend and my guy don't get along but my guy never had problem with him but this wasn't the case with my best friend. He envied my guy and did not want to see us together and ruined everything. A part of it was my fault too. I did not realize that the person i call my 'best' friend has evil things in mind. I did not know he is upto all the misunderstandings and fights between me n my guy. Later i got to know that my friend had feelings for me but he never said anything. I tried hard to convince him, tell him and explain him that i can't be with him because i have someone else whom i can't do without. He use to be fine until few days and again the same old shit and it ruined everything between me n my guy. I truly, from the bottom of my heart appreciate all the time my guy gave me to sort things but now he is so hurt because of me and all this mess that he doesn't want to go further with me. I tried to explain things to him, apologized many times and promised him that nothing will ever ruin us again but i guess he has reached a saturation point where he just can't take it anymore. He loves me and says it to me over and over again. He still does everything for me but want to be away saying that things are not working so we should part. He is not wrong with all the anger and words he says because he is hurt. He says it will be all fine after some time but i know i can't move on. I just can't. It's been more than 2 months that i've been apologizing and trying to convince him not to end things. I even wrote a letter to him mentioning each and every emotion and thoughts that i have been through during that time and telling him how hard i tried to make my friend understand the intensity of our relationship. I only hope he gives me this chance to make things work. i know he is badly hurt and the reason is me. I should have taken firm steps right in the beginning when things started messing but since he was my long old dear friend, i thought i would make him understand so that he does not trouble but least did i know the my friend had feelings for me and he just wanted to ruin everything. Evil friend i had and i regret it so much. I want to try my every bit to convince my guy because everything just stops when he is not with me and it's the same with him too. We have the same feelings but this mess has created a sort of wall or i don't know how to express it. He is reluctant. I need a suggestion as to what more can i do to express my apology and tell him how badly i need him.

First question: have you cut the guy friend out of your life?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It is all done from my side but he still keeps poking knowing the fact that it impacts my relationship badly.

How did your friend "ruin" everything with your "guy?" What exactly did you do or not do that has made things the mess that they are?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Neet View Post
    It is all done from my side but he still keeps poking knowing the fact that it impacts my relationship badly.
    And while you continue to allow this to happen, you've got zero chance of getting back with your ex. You have to work harder to block him from your life.

Not saying that it will guarantee your ex returning, but it's a start.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    And while you continue to allow this to happen, you've got zero chance of getting back with your ex. You have to work harder to block him from your life.

Not saying that it will guarantee your ex returning, but it's a start.
    Hello basilandthyme,

Thank you so much for reverting. My friend is totally against me dating that guy because he is a model and my friend has a really bad impression about the modeling profession. This is one of the reasons he gave me for creating mess between me and my guy. He does not message every now and then like he use to earlier. This is probably because he knows that me and the guy are not in talking terms and he feels relaxed about it. It has become a little complicated. I met my guy the other day and i explained him everything. He asked me to give time to him to think about it. I'm waiting for his reply.

I have blocked myself from all social networking sites so that my friend does not trouble me there. What more should i be doing? I even told my friend about me and the guy were thinking that far to even get married. I spoke about lot of things so that he understands and just goes away. I feel stuck. I don't know what more to do!

Had you been in my place, what more would you do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    How did your friend "ruin" everything with your "guy?" What exactly did you do or not do that has made things the mess that they are?
    Both the guys work at the same place, same team. Once he got to know that i'm dating this guy. My friend just started interfering so much. My guy never had problem with him because he understands my friendship but there's a limit to everything. And he kept on poking everytime i met him or anything that i do with him and for him. It was like a third person entering and it all messed up.
    I did all i could to explain my friend about my serious relationship but he just did not understand.

Oh wait - these guys work in the same team? Short of one of these guys leaving the team/job, a relationship cannot work.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Oh wait - these guys work in the same team? Short of one of these guys leaving the team/job, a relationship cannot work.
    Well, my guy would be leaving soon. They both are not in talking terms anyway. I have tried all possible things i could and my guy has been taking a lot of time to think over it..almost a week now. Even if he gets back, only problem is that he has been thinking about it a bit too much and we just end up arguing over it again and again.