+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How does he feel about it?

How does he feel about it?

So I've met a guy who really turned my life upside down, I feel like it's divided in 2 parts; a life before the day I met him, and my current life ever since.

I guess I'll just start with the way I feel. I felt comfortable with him from the minute we got to know each other, we share a lot of interests and - it's so hard to explain, I just feel like I've known him for forever, even though we only met about 4 or 5 times. I probably would tell him things about me that I tell hardly anyone because I am sure he would understand (I am an introvert and highly sensitive, so it's always quite a highlight for me to find someone who doesn't look askant at me when I tell them I don't drink or I hate going out) and I wouldn't have to explain or make up excuses (which I am way too used to, obviously). He is probably the most sharply listening person I've met in my life - after hearing me talk for 5 minutes or so he could tell where my mum is from, even though I speak hardly any of that dialect, and there's not much I love more than people who listen that precisely (probably as all women ;-) ). He's unintentionally / unknowingly influenced me in such a way that I ended up a vegetarian (he's a vegan), which I actually used to make fun of my whole life, and listening to a totally different genre of music than I did before, without him ever persuading me or whatever. To make a long story short - I can't tell if I actually fell in love with him, or if it's some sort of spiritual kinship or so, or maybe it's just a real lot of sympathy, anyway it was enough to tell him all the stuff I just wrote plus that I would like to see him again some time, as I knew I would have regretted not telling him for the rest of my life. He reacted in a very positive way, he told me it was the nicest compliment he got in the last 10 years or so and for goodbye, he said something like "we'll stay in contact / see you" (difficult to translate from German, I guess this corresponds best) and sent me a friend request on FB. That was 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard from him since. I was quite optimistic in the beginning, but by this time I am really asking myself how seriously you can take the phrase "we'll stay in contact" - not too much obviously...

One problem with that whole thing is that he is 15 years older than me, I personally don't care a lot about that but I don't know about him, and no matter how it would develop - it WOULD be awkward. So I'd guess he just doesn't care as much about me as I wish he would, but on the other hand, there are a few things he said that, in my opinion, sort of prove me wrong. First of all, he remembers every detail I told him, no matter how uninteresting and banal it was, plus the exact location where I said these things, even 9 months afterwards. Then, he once told me he thought of me when he was going out (to make it short), as something in this club reminded him of me. In January we were both at a local event (more than 10,000 visitors, yet I kept looking for him desperately), and when I saw him last time, I learned he apparently looked out for me as well. And after 3 months of not seeing each other, he recognized I had a different hairstyle than usually... Maybe I just over-interpret the whole episode, but if you ask me, you normally don't look out pointlessly for some random girl you haven't seen for some time (and tell her afterwards).

So, any opinions from you guys? Do you think I am overrating this whole situation? And what would you do in this position? I know this "I'll wait for him to make the first step"-"can't he see what I feel"-kindergarten-shit is dated and childish, but a) I feel I sort of already did the first step by telling him that I like him and would like to see him again, and b) I am quite afraid I'd go on his nerves, in case all the detail-remembering-thinking-and-looking-out-while-going-out-story is less an expression of sympathy than I think...

Looking forward to reading many interesting opinions! :-)
    minimini

He's not all that interested in anything serious with you. If he was, he certainly would have asked to see you again. Instead he adds you to FB and says "we'll keep in contact?" Pffft. Don't waste all your emotions on him and stagnate yourself from meeting someone that really cares and wants to be with you often and completely in a monogamous union.

Did you have sex with him in those five times that you were actually in his company?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion