+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He wants to slow things down because he felt it moved to fast?

He wants to slow things down because he felt it moved to fast?

Ok so i met this really nice guy he told me from the start that he wants a relationship and that he knew he liked me as soon as he met me. We have only been on 3 dates and talk every single day theres definatley a spark there and we have a lot in common and we instantly clicked and felt compfortable around eachother, and we are very attracted to eachother but it's not about sex. All his friends know about me and I have even met some family members. So are last date was great he sang me a song on his guitar we went got food then went ciname, he asked me if I wanted to meet his mate and his gf for a drink but I was like meh so we watched a bit of t.v then I headed home so that was on the thursday. Then on the saturday he was spending the night with the lads drinking and gamen and watching a match that was on at 3 in the morning, so I never heard from him that night or the morning so on sunday evening i text him saying whats going on and he explained he was up till 6 and he was hungover all day which is understandable but then I went all scary mary and said "if this is one sided ill back of i can't keep making the effort anymore haha" why did i say that he replied "I don't want to rush anything im just playing it cool and taking it slow there no rush is there? see what happens xxxx" so I replied all chilled "yea me too thats what i want hope i didnt put pressure on you" he replied ohnestly i did feel a bit pressured or like it was going to fast and thats why i slowed it right down ye know" so i said yea totally know what you mean it's all good and he was like cool sorry anyway. So now I don't know what to think, I mean taking it slow is a good thing right? specially because i was in a pretty bad relationship last year and he was in a 4 year relationship. Is he trying to fade away and dissapear? I don't even wanna talk to him now because I'm afraid of somthing akward being said I should obviosly wait until he asks me out again. Do guys not take is fast if they meet a girl there into?

Why are you putting all your eggs in one basket? You're all freaked out because for one day he didn't fawn all over you? Really?

Date other men and take it slow with this one and you'll not be so freaked when this one doesn't pay you enough attention. Supplement him if you can't stand it when he doesn't see you. He wants to take it slow. You best do the same thing or dump him and find someone who is as quick to freak out as you are and you'll both be to freaked out to miss a day.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You're overreacting, and it's turning him off. You've only had 3 dates together, you shouldn't expect to be in contact every day at this point. He wants to let things happen naturally and so should you. If you keep expecting him to spend every hour with you, he will feel smothered and bolt.

Keep yourself busy with people and things other than him. Have a life outside of him. Spend time with your friends, and act casual. Pretend like nothing was said and just move forward. There's nothing to freak out about

Yea I know I am trying to do that!! I think it was because we where both looking for a relationship and he was very intense and enthusiastic towards me and it felt like a bit of a let down

It's too much, too soon. Even if you guys are both enthusiastic about a future together, if you start putting him on lock down and really- you don't know each other that well yet- it's overwhelming. Sit back, take a deep breath, and find something to take your mind off of it. Your best chance of salvaging this is to let him have his own space, his nights out with the guys, etc. and you do the same. That way it doesn't feel like an obligation to hang out with you- it's a treat. Stop talking about a relationship 3 dates in. You are JUST getting to know each other

I must be proper crazy!!

You're not crazy, you are just having strong feelings that are causing you to overanalyze things. Pump the brakes a bit