+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need female advice on a trip to Mexico with my ex wife!

Need female advice on a trip to Mexico with my ex wife!

So my ex wife and I have been divorced for 3.5 years, due to my alcoholism. I was sober when we divorced and have continuous sobriety of 4.5 years.
    We are traveling together in October to Mexico to stand up in mutual friends wedding. Staying in the same room with 2 queen beds.
    We maintain a good friendship, (not sexualy active) however I would love to get back with her. She has stated that her heart is not 100% into having a committed relationships with me.
    I am looking to take this opportunity as one last ditch effort to win her over and fall in love again.
    I'm looking for advice on what I can do to make this trip a trip to remember for her, and one that will solidify a solid relationship.

I am seeking any and all advice and will report back after our trip.

Thank you in advance.

Congrats on staying sober. My best advice is to be the best travelling companion you can be. Good company, upbeat, have suggestions for what to do and also follow her lead.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

The fact that you have a good friendship will mean that you can have a great time.Remember that you are there for your friend's wedding so don't do anything that may dampen the atmosphere.
    Be your normal self and concentrate on having a good time. Don't pressure your ex wife but certainly be open to any clues that she may give. You really need to play this by ear.

Don't try to hard, it might turn her off you completely if it looks like you have some kind of game plan with her.
    Be the man she fell in love with all that time ago, you know what you did back in the day to get her as yours, go back in time and be him again for her. Listen to her also, and be real and upbeat, supportive.

Thank you for the advice, that sounds easy enough. You all have given me very good input.

Don't use this trip to romance her....it will be off putting. Be on your best behavior, be a perfect gentleman. If you try to push, she's just gonna push you away. You can't force someone to love you, it has to happen organically and on her terms.

Sit around with her and friends and talk about the good times you both had...that might stir up something.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Don't use this trip to romance her....it will be off putting. Be on your best behavior, be a perfect gentleman. If you try to push, she's just gonna push you away. You can't force someone to love you, it has to happen organically and on her terms.

Sit around with her and friends and talk about the good times you both had...that might stir up something.
    Thank you. .. So grateful for your advice.