+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Doesn't want to waste youth ?

Doesn't want to waste youth ?

My bf just confessed he wants to fool around with other girls because he feels like he's wasting his youth not having sex with others/being "tied down" I guess you could say. I was wondering how other men feel about this and could explain their feelings if they feel the same.

when I was 17 I had a girlfriend that would not have sex.I saturday down one day and told her that I respect your decision but I have to go out and find another girlfriend that will have sex.that doesn't mean you should give in because she was one of the highest quality girls I've ever dated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfun View Post
    when I was 17 I had a girlfriend that would not have sex.I saturday down one day and told her that I respect your decision but I have to go out and find another girlfriend that will have sex.that doesn't mean you should give in because she was one of the highest quality girls I've ever dated.
    oh no we have tons of great sex but i guess he just feels like a frat boy still and wants to just do a bunch of girls

It means that you do not want the same things, and he's letting you know that he can't and won't be faithful to you.

He is not mature enough yet to appreciate what he has in you, and he is not attached enough to you to crave monogamy. As much as it sucks, at least he is saying it outright to you rather than going behind your back sleeping around and leaving you in the dark about it.

He has a lot of growing up to do before he can commit. A lot of guys do this when they are really young, and they are not relationship material until they get this out of their systems. I hope that you hold your head high and walk away from the situation and not degrade yourself. He's made a choice to play the field, so let him. You don't want to waste your youth either, right?

Some guys want to have sexual variety, some just want a lot of sex from one girl he loves, and others don't place that much importance on sex at all. There are many different types of guys so this isn't gender specific at all. If an exclusive relationship is what you want then he isn't right for you.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions