+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I tell him how I feel?

Should I tell him how I feel?

Hey there everybody!! So I'm in need of some advice and was wondering if anybody could help me out. Here's what's going on....

So a few years ago I became friends with a co-worker of mine. We always got along great, laughed all the time, etc.... but it was strictly a "friend at work friendship". We texted back and forth here and there but never hung out outside of work. So about a year later, I ended up leaving that job and unfortunately lost contact with him.

Well about a year after leaving my job, I ended up coming across his number on an old phone of mine that I forgot I had and decided to send him a text one day. Well he sent a text back and our friendship took off!. We started hanging out and doing things together, texting back and forth, etc.... He actually at one point asked if I had feelings for him but at the time I didn't so I told him the truth.

Well very recently I decided to go back to my old job, where he actually still works as well. He was ecstatic when I told him I was coming back!. We now work together on the same shift again just like before and things have been great. Well being completely honest with myself, I have started "crushing" on him a bit. Actually.....A LOT. And I actually think he MAY feel the same way, but I'm not 100% sure. Problem is, I want to tell him but I'm worried that if he doesn't feel the same way, it's gonna make things awkward as friends AND as co-workers. Part of me thinks take a chance, life is too short not to, but then part of me thinks don't risk it.... I really don't know what to do. He's def doesn't come off as that player type. The whole time I've known him he's always been very respectful and caring. He's also a little bit on the shy side. I'm really not sure how he'd react either way...

If anybody can give me some opinions or suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

He wouldn't have asked you if you had feelings for him if he wasn't interested. I agree, life's too short and he sounds like a nice guy. Since you have already stated to him that you're not interested, the ball is in YOUR court to make the move. Ask him out. You don't have to pour your heart out, just see if he wants to go out for dinner at a new restaurant, or go for coffee, to an amusement park, whatever. See where it goes from there. The worst he can do is say No, and is that really that bad??