Recently I met a girl and we dated for about a week and a half and a bad decisions was made and she was sent away to live with another parent for a couple months. (The bad decision wasn't drugs, or anything that involved police. We just did something that the parents didn't like at all) When she was sent away she was also stripped of all ways to contact me.

I haven't contacted her or she hasn't contacted me in over two months, because she can't. I got a message from a parent saying that I am not allowed to have a relationship with her a couple weeks ago.

A couple weeks later, my ex contacted me and wanted to hangout, we did, and ended up kissing. Nothing sexual. I didn't tell her I still loved/missed her or anything. We just kissed for a couple minutes and that was it. It is just something that ended up happening, and I do not want a relationship with my ex again.

What I am asking is, am I technically single, or still in a relationship? Did I technically cheat on the girl I met? Or should I wait for contact from her and ask her if we could start over?

Thank you for your replies and help! Sticky situation.