+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She dates other guys, but says she misses me?

She dates other guys, but says she misses me?

So me and this girl dated for almost 2 years and then she broke up with me. Her reasons were fair, I didn't give her attention and I wasn't very intimate with her. The reason for that was my last girlfriend made me shut in my "lovey" side of me, and now that she has left, I realized how much she meant to me. She had a fling with one guy (didn't date) and really didn't like him. Then she actually dates this new guy (completely not her type), and she tells me she loves me, she wants me, and she misses me. The problem lies with her saying "I am scared you'll treat me the same". Well you can tell this is the teenager forum, and I relationships are learning experiences, but it took losing her, to realize how exactly how much she meant to me (I always knew she meant a lot, but now I know without a doubt). Though she won't budge with this new guy, and I don't know what to do. Me and her still talk, she is my comfort and makes me feel really good and drives me passions. Problem is, she isn't the same, because she does the girlfriend stuff with this other guy. So I am stuck with her being my comfort, and her being my pain. I don't know what to do.

Stop talking to her altogether so that you can get over her. You will never get her back nor would you ever get over her while you're still so much in her life.

It will be hard at first to go No Contact but quickly enough, as long as you keep busy with your friends for companionship, you will discover that you are quite fine without her. You'll find someone better suited for you and you'll not hear her tell you about how you are or are not treating her.

You'll be okay.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion