+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please Help!

Please Help!

Hello, my current S.O and I are currently together, and we are actually married! It's a really great, healthy marriage.

However...When we were younger, when we had a couple of kiddie relationships, she actually *sexted* people in a way. Through Email, and such when all of that was relevant for instant message, and sending pictures, etc. Anyways! When I found out..I was devastated. Heartbroken, in shock. Even for a 13 year old at the time. (We were both 13) I just couldn't really handle it. I still remember that it was just such a difficult time for me. (Also, bare in mind at the time we were kind of on a break.) Anyways, when I found out, you better believe I confronted her. With all of the anger and rage. I talked to her, told her that I found all of this. Anyways, she admitted that she did it, and she was really depressed about it. I could definitely tell that she was sorry...I actually saw her in person, and she started tearing up. I think the most painful part was she told this guy she loved him. She said at the time that it was the stupidest mistake she ever made...Anyways. Yeah, we ended up breaking up! We split up for a good 5 years..I believe around the time I turned 20, we got back together. She seems alot different now, like she's really changed in terms of morals, what she does. She's just a different girl, for the better. To make a long story short, it went great, we ended up married. I love her with all of my heart, and plan on having a family. But...Looking into it...I guess sexting is considered cheating...That got into my head..It hurts knowing that I'm in a relationship that I was cheated on with. Just the label bothers me....We were only kids at the time..But, still....
    What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are: Why are you even still thinking about this? How old are you two now?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Giving you a well meaning kick up the ass.

You summed it up with the words "we were only kids at the time". YOU WERE ONLY KIDS AT THE TIME. She was an immature child.

First advice is to not let your thoughts be defined by the actions of a silly 13yo. And remember that without mistakes we do not learn and grow.

Now go and enjoy your lovely wife and live in the present.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanAtion View Post
    We were only kids at the time..But, still....
    What are your thoughts?
    My thought is that you still sound like a kid. Are you really old enough to be married?

You are now married, why are you digging up the past? Plus she was 13, people make mistakes when they are young (like really young). If she was to do it while she was married to you then that is a different thing. You said she changed is is a whole different person now that she is all grown up. Why can't you grow up too? Enjoy and cherish the future with your wife. Unless you are now doing the same thing and trying to find an excuse to make yourself feel better about it, which is not the case right?