+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused

Confused

So I started talking to this girl online months ago, it wasn't a dating site if that makes a difference.
    She lives around 2 and a half hour journey away from me so not convenient but also not impossible for anything to happen. It took us months to meet, we flirted a lot over text message and got pretty close etc but then we stopped talking how we used to as it seemed like she didn't want a relationship or anything to happen anymore.
    After beginning to start talking again finally we agreed to meet just recently and we got on amazing, ended up flirting and making out a lot by the end of it. But she went on holiday straight after, while she's been away her messages don't seem like she's that interested and doesn't seem like she wants to meet again although haven't asked directly. Seems strange after how well we got on when we met but maybe this is just because she's busy while on holiday or can she be having second thoughts of pursuing something? She had mentioned in the past that she would prefer someone closer.
    Thanks!

She had mentioned in the past that she would prefer someone closer.
    You're likely onto something here.

A 2.5hr journey to hang out is a significant commitment. She's probably also confused and got swept up in the moment when you two finally met and now, faced with the prospect of a long distance relationship, doesn't know what to do. All you can do is talk to her about it. Suggest you be realistic when doing as much.

Quote Originally Posted by brianaleshea View Post
    Help please
    lalalalala brianalashea is talking but I cannot hear her when she is threadjacking...

I'm sorry dang. I'm new to this and just needed some help. I will not reply back again! You don't have to be so damn rude!

Quote Originally Posted by brianaleshea View Post
    I'm sorry...
    Apology accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by solarion View Post
    You're likely onto something here.

A 2.5hr journey to hang out is a significant commitment. She's probably also confused and got swept up in the moment when you two finally met and now, faced with the prospect of a long distance relationship, doesn't know what to do. All you can do is talk to her about it. Suggest you be realistic when doing as much.
    Thanks for the reply. I would much rather talk about that in person than over text though and she's never comfortable discussing things like that, I should try and organise a day and place to meet again and discuss that then?

Quote Originally Posted by ivey444 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I would much rather talk about that in person than over text though and she's never comfortable discussing things like that, I should try and organise a day and place to meet again and discuss that then?
    YW. Yeah definitely definitely don't do it over text. In person would be optimal as always, but if she's comfortable with voice communication that could work.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ivey444 View Post
    Don't talk about anything. Just don't bother texting her again while she's away and when she gets back, ask her out on a date. If she turns you down or makes an excuse that she can't on the night you choose and doesn't re-schedule then just drop her and get on with finding someone closer with whom it will be easier for the two of you to meet on a regular basis.

Keep your cards close to your chest until you know what she's willing to invest. If she declines or stalls on your next invite then she's not willing to invest a freaking thing and you've saved face. NEXT her and move on.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Don't talk about anything. Just don't bother texting her again while she's away and when she gets back, ask her out on a date. If she turns you down or makes an excuse that she can't on the night you choose and doesn't re-schedule then just drop her and get on with finding someone closer with whom it will be easier for the two of you to meet on a regular basis.

Keep your cards close to your chest until you know what she's willing to invest. If she declines or stalls on your next invite then she's not willing to invest a freaking thing and you've saved face. NEXT her and move on.
    I'll take your advice about waiting till she's back from holiday.
    It won't be easy to just move on like that if I have to due to how long ago it was we started talking, as this is something i have tried in the past before we met and she then always tries her best for us to start talking again!