+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hey! :)

Hey! :)

My name is Kayleigh!

I'm 16 years old (17 on the 1st of December) and am engaged. Yes, engaged at 16. A lot of people think I'm stupid, but I'm not. I'm in love, with a guy who loves me and we ARE serious.

My fiance's name is Jamie (hence username, otherwise it would be a bit weird!) and we have been together since we were 13. Now we are both out of school and he is a trainee mechanic whilst I'm working at my mum's hairdressing salon.

Jamie spends a lot of the time over at mine as my mum is (thankfully!) fine with our relationship and realises that keeping us apart will not make any difference. Her parents kept her and my dad apart when they were our age and they still married and stayed together until he died in 2013.

I still haven't fully got over my dad's death, it was sudden and I couldn't cope for a number of months. Jamie got me through it though, by holding me when I cried myself to sleep every night and feeding me when I refused to eat.

Anyway, he proposed a few months ago and we are aiming to have a very small (family only!) ceremony before Christmas and next year will be the year we get our own place. Then, maybe start a family... But that is a while off!

Sorry, this had been a bit of an "all over the place" introduction, but I hope to get to know you all soon!

Welcome to Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion. Enjoy your stay here...
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Welcome Kay. Grats to you and Jamie.
    Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.