+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will this ever end?

Will this ever end?

I've been with my guy for 8 years. We have a 6 year old daughter together. He's cheated on me in the past, more than once. I left him a few months back because I was tired of him drinking and never coming home. (I really don't know if he was cheating on me during this time) And I had some feelings so I downloaded texting apps on his phone, curious if he's used any. I figured out the password to one and there were messages between him and some girl from a few months before. It was texts from just one day, I asked the girl about it. She's a waitress and he left his number, they texted for a little bit and then he told her he had a girlfriend and she wasn't okay with that. When I saw those messages I left him because I'm thinking, wow he probably really could have been cheating on me all those nights he went out and got drunk and never came home. A week after I left, I found out he took another girl he meet at a bar into OUR bed in our apartment and had sex with her. We were split up for a few months, he created a online dating account which I found (yes I can be crazy sometimes lol), and it seemed he was just so dead serious about finding another person to be in a relationship with. Anyways, once he saw I was moving on he wanted to make things right. He completely stopped drinking and has basically been really good to me. Yes he's cheated on me in the past, like a few years back. Since then we've had a good relationship. Why do you think when I left he was so quick to sleep with someone else? Maybe he's really not in love with me but only wants me when he can't have me? Do you think this will never end? Now that I'm actually back with him I'm just thinking to myself. This is enough. I don't think I can be happy with him anymore. I know he did these things when we weren't together but I just don't get it. Any advice from a mans point of view?

I think he realized that you are the best for him and came back cause he needs you. You know it seems like he had nothing against you, the problem was not about you but his internal problems - drinking addiction, low morals.

Who knows maybe he had enough of it and guy is on the straight road now. However only time will show.
    Interesting what he would do for you. Can he prove that hes serious with actions?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

He cheated on me in the past more then once.
    You are codependent. Google that term and read up on how you enable him to a cheating drunk by continuing on in your relationship with him. Why does he need to change when all he has to do is ask for you back and you go? You allow him to eat his cake while he keeps it.

He won't change without a 12 step programme and therapy to change him into the monogamous, sober man you want him to be.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

He probably slept with someone else right away while you were on a break to help forget about you and/or as proof he could "get" someone else. If you don't trust him and/or don't respect him OP then let him go and move on. Your story is a little confusing though because you say you've had a pretty good relationship for a few years and you also say you split a few months ago because he was drinking to excess and not coming home.
    Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Maybe hes selfish. Read a good article about selfish people today

[url]http://www.lovepanky.com/my-life/better-life/how-to-stop-selfish-people-from-hurting-you[/url]
    lovepanky.com/my-life/better-life/how-to-stop-selfish-people-from-hurting-you
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will