+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hi! Newbie With Questions

Hi! Newbie With Questions

Hello to everyone in the forum community. This is my first time on this forum and first time asking something on a forum but regardless. I am currently in college and have questions about things in general that I'm heavily confused on. To understand i'll give a background story quickly. All through my life I struggled with weight being fat. Girls were not interested in me most through high school probably because of my weight and appearance. And worst of all which is my biggest weakness is that I am shy and introverted. I can't help it that I'm more of an observer than a speaker... And i HATE IT! Since every time I've tried to show attraction to a girl it never went anywhere and I never really had practice at getting girls. Being shy sucks and shits on my confidence. But, I could never imagine how it would be to be skinny... but something in me clicked my senior year of high school. Starting from September to June I managed to lose 50 lbs! Regardless today I've lost like 75 pounds today and nothing has changed. As I said before I never had experience with girls for many reasons I now can look back and see how people were not interested in being more than friends. Thing is that I am a very nice guy and pride myself to not be a douche bag. The few times that I actually had confidence to talk to a girl that I thought was cute I feel like I **** up some how. Like I have said before I don't have experience so when I try to flirt I often choke and don't know what to do. Even just go up to a girl and have the confidence to introduce myself and actually for once do the right things. I tend to overthink everything but at the same time I need to say the right things. And can't come off as the guy who's annoying, need or a creep... I over hear too many stories on campus of the consistent guy who he comes off weird. I just would love some guidance so I can confidently talk to girls while showing that I am interested while showing I'm a great guy. Thanks if you've gotten this far but would love to hear what people have to think about this.
    Last edited by RenaissanceMan; 21-10-15 at 05:59 PM.

Hello RenaissanceMan, welcome aboard. Enjoy your visits.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Thanks hope I find some advice I don't know what to do.

Hi everyone

Congratulations on your weight loss of 75 pounds that is a nice achievement. You could join some meet up groups and do social events with like minded girls in your city.

Wow, terrific achievement in the weight loss area. Go you!

Speaking from this woman's point of view, I've never had time for men who approached me because I was cute. I much preferred men who met me via mutual friends and spent more time getting to know me because he liked my personality.

I think that approaching women cold is probably the most difficult strategy out there. Stick to friends of friends.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.