+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does this sound like she likes me?

Does this sound like she likes me?

So we work together and have a college class together. Thats how we started talking. At first, it was pretty casual conversation, like any friends would.

Now we text/snapchat about 5-8 hrs close to everyday, id say 5 days a week. Every time she goes to the school computer lab, shes always asking me to come, so i go cause usually i have work to be done there too, just due a different day. We've hung out a couple of times outside of school, like she always asks if i wanna come over, but for reasons right now, i gotta turn it down sometimes.

She has blonde hair and is obsessed with it and said she would never to anything to it. I had mentioned a few weeks ago that she should dye it Black just because. I was just curious how she would look with a completely different color hair. She said no cause she said she loves her hair too much. Well, last night she dyed it black and said she did it because i had asked.

Obviously based on what i said, it sounds like there's no doubt, right. I've been in friend zones enough to know im not in the friend zone right now, but.....

A few people we both know has talked to her about me and her and she tells em were just friends, and she always talks about these guys she has crushes to me while were talking. And i make it pretty obvious i like her, so it's not like I keep it low key or anything to her.

To be honest, it kind of sounds like you are getting mixed signals. I would sort of lean towards thinking you are in the "friend zone" since she talks to you about others guys on whom she has a crush. To be honest, her saying to other people that you two are "just friends" doesn't necessarily offer hints one way or the other. Reason being it could mean "We are just friends, which is all I could really see us being," or it could just as easily secretly mean "We are just friends.... but I wish it could be more." Typically, women aren't as cut and dry, black and white, as men tend to be. I am not saying that is good or bad (nor am I saying it is ALWAYS the case). It is just a thing.

Then again, her dying her hair black (despite being so adamant about how much she loves her blonde hair) just because you suggested it sort of has me leaning toward thinking she could want more than just a friendship with you. I mean, if her hair was THAT important to her and yet she makes such a radical change just because you suggest it might look good, that is pretty big change to make for "just a friend."

This may be one of those cases where you either have to A) just go for it and ask her out or B) try a little innocent flirting to see how she responds. If you want to be more than friends, then I wouldn't suggest you just try to forget that and remain friends with her. If you want more, you really would be better off giving it a shot and finding out (good or bad) rather than to always wonder what if. You're not going to know unless you bring up the topic. I would also suggest making it as casual as possible. Almost like a sort of "hey, we make good friends, would you be interested in dating and seeing where that leads as well" kind of thing. In other words, I wouldn't say you fall all over her and confess deep feelings for her in hopes of sweeping her off her feet. Just ask her out as you would any other girl who piqued your interest.

Or, if you aren't certain the feelings are mutual and thereby aren't willing to risk the friendship yet, maybe just start with a little flirting here and there. See how she reacts to gauge whether you think there may be interest on her side as well.

Good luck to you either way,