Hey there,

I went to the US (NY area) for a couple of months for work. When I was there and did not know anyone, a guy from work took me to a football game and tailgate with his friends, and we went out after work with other colleagues, once also just the two of us and there is some texting... He meanwhile let me know that he likes me, finds me extremely smart, hot and fun and that he is very attracted to me... When I was in the US we did not act on that as I was in a relationship when I got to know him - but my ex and I broke up (not because of the guy, just because it was the better decision). So now here is me, back in Europe again, going back to the US in 2 months.

He knows that I am single. We discussed the situation and I expressed my feelings - he let me know once more how he is attracted to me and misses me. I asked him if (instead of "hanging out" with people) he'll take me on a date when I am back, which he will do. Now in Europe, this would already be an exclusive status for as long as you either decide on not seeing each other any more or you would actually end up in a relationship. I have heard (and read) that Americans, however, would go out with more than one person at a time and even kiss or have sex with them.

Is that really so? I am having a hard time imagining that. For me, now that I have expressed my feelings and we said that we want to go out again, this is exclusive already. It would feel like cheating to go out with someone else with romantic intentions, not to mention getting physical with someone.

Guys, if you were him, would it be normal for you to meanwhile meet other girls, go out with them, even kiss them...? Be honest.