+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is going through his mind?

What is going through his mind?

Hey guys,
    So I'm trying to figure out what's happening with my ex...
    Let me begin by saying this man has a some serious pride- and it's hard to get him to drop it.
    Anyways to make it short and sweet- this guy and I dated for a year and a half. Something about him was different to me than anybody ever before. And I fell hard. The thing is- he always told me the same thing (On his own- i never said I felt this way aloud) that something about ME was different- that he had never felt for someone before like me either- it was unique. I say this to give a small example of the fact we were both invested. However towards the end of our relationship I ended up extremely depressed due to other personal issues, and we started to fight. A lot. After spending a few months fighting, he finally ended it. Which I was okay with at the time because I needed to get myself out of my rutt- not argue. I took 2 months to heal, and decided to reach out. Three times. Once I left a voicemail saying hello, and the other two I texted him letting him know I still felt for him. No answer. Ever. And so, I gave up.
    One month after that he tried to contact one of my best friends just "to talk". Whats fishy? He haaateeeddd that friend. Always. She cut him off from that attempt.
    One month after that, he was in a relationship again. It lasted 4 weeks. When they broke up, he called me crying that he felt like an idiot and wanted to see me. Like, NOW. (He was drunk). I didn't go, but offered to see him the next day as it was 3 AM. Later, after he sobered up he texted me saying it "wasn't him" ( but I know him well enough to know it was).
    After that, we ran into each other at the gym. Since we broke up, I workout every single day and have lost weight and gotten into shape. And from that day forward... he came to the gym every day at the same time as me for about 3 weeks. He would come and workout/ stand next to me... he would pace in front of me... but never have the guts to say hello. (And I wasn't going to... since I left reached out).
    And now, 3 weeks after breakup up with his last short relationship, he has ANOTHER new girlfriend. Despite coming to the gym at the same time as me all along.
    Thing is----- SHE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE ME. Its Uncanny. She is literally like my doppelgänger. Same haircut/color... same eyes and color,.. same body-type... nose... smile.. dimples. She is like my twin. He found my twin.

And honestly, I just want to understand whats going on. Why did he start seeing me at the gym like that? Not even avoiding me. I know why he didn't say hello- his pride. But if he doesn't want me- why go to the gym all the time like me? Why try to reach my friends? Why drunk call me admitting everything you wouldn't before, and then take it back? Why date a girl who looks so similar to me? And if he does want me.... why not just say so? He should know I still have a soft spot, considering I had reached out a while back.

Can anybody explain to me what is happening? Why is he acting this way? Does HE still care? I sure do.
    Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, just wanted to say we had a very serious relationship.. lived together.. said we loved each other like 100 times a day... this wasn't anything insignificant.

- - - Updated - - -

Also any advice on if I could/ how I could get him back would be helpful.
    I know it's been a long time since we broke up (6 months) but somehow Im still stuck with feelings, and I never have been before.
    And what he has been doing makes me wonder if he might be too?
    If he doesn't- then all he is doing is making it feel nearly impossible to completely move on.

IMO he contacted you after the breakup because the breakup made him feel like a failure and he was looking for some attention from you to make himself feel better.
    I had an ex find someone who looked like me and he admitted it too. It creeped me out. So glad I never dated him again.

In about a month or so, you will have no more desire for him and not really care what he was up too. You will be better off.

Thank you for the input- I appreciate it Im trying to get past him... but also recently found out he is saying I go there to stalk him... which isn't true at all. I go to the gym for me and my body alone.
    He is also aware she looks like me, according to his friends. And he still complains about me, all this time later. And seeing me. So I don't understand why I still goes there around me. What does THAT mean? Almost seems like he is just jealous or something because I lost weight and am doing much better now.... but if that's the case- why doesn't he just say hello?