+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am affraid of getting too attached, should I stop it?

I am affraid of getting too attached, should I stop it?

Been dating a recently divorced who used to be my neigborg guy for 1/2 months. He is too cool for being a ****buddy, while my last one was too cold, cant deny we have lots of sex since 3rd date, see each othr every sat in his place, sometimes, sundays, M or F also, we cuddle and talk crap until we fall asleep, he makes dinner and breakf or cook together. We barely text (he d'nt text a lot in gnral), always answers if I txt/call, he even called one night for 2 hours (no sex talk) I dont feel rejected,I dont appear in 3 days he sends me a "have a good day" or "how was your class" text, I go to his place without telling first and he doesnt seem annoyed even asks me not to go and wait for him during his classes (home/teacher). Last week we went to the movies, but we dont really go out, he tried to make plans before but I couldnt make it, I have more social life than he does, so he usually tells me a few days ahead while I can do it minutes ahead...
    But while he talks about future plans he tells me things like one day he wants to take me to his city or that they are going to know about anyway (as ex neighbor he knows my family), he says it is not good to fall in love or that it turns him on to think that I go out with other guys, but also implies sometimes he wouldn't like it. Almost sure he is not dating other people

I hardly allow myself to give my heart away, so scared of suffering, the recent divorce of which he has not spoken to me at all makes me cautious... I might have even lead to this, told him he was just my toy or was kinda cutting when he first tried to text me. The truth is I have not a lot of dating experience in my life, I had one boyfriend long ago and it happened without I even noticing XD, So I dn't know if I just let things be or better run away before I get too atached.

Why don't you want to have a boyfriend?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Why don't you want to have a boyfriend?
    On the contrary, this time I do kind want to have a boyfriend, I really like him, but I am not sure wether I am just going to end up crying as a idiot for expecting things that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MARIIIAAA View Post
    On the contrary, this time I do kind want to have a boyfriend, I really like him, but I am not sure wether I am just going to end up crying as a idiot for expecting things that won't happen.
    Then you should talk to him and ask him how he feels about you and if he still continues to tell you " is not good to fall in love " then you should stop seeing him and do it by going zero contact so that you can find a boyfriend that does think its "good to fall in love."
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion