+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does he have to act like I orchestrated this?

Why does he have to act like I orchestrated this?

I went out with and made out with Ben, a guy i know socially. Yes i like(d) Ben, and that is why I accepted HIS invitation and his "dare" to kiss him. So we made out and then that was it. but then afterwards, he's acting like I came on to him and he's telling people. When i confronted him, he was like, oh, it sounds like you planned this for a long time. I never "planned" anything. It made me feel ashamed for kissing him or for even liking him and being interested. I did not know that being interested in someone was something to be ashamed of. He and I are both single. If he's not interested in me, why does he need to go about it like this? why is he contorting the story to make it sound like I came on to him and i had this all planned out?
    Seriously I don't get it. it seems completely going beyond what is necessary to reject a person.

and it's not like i keep coming up to him such that it would make sense in some weird way to the contrary, he has been inviting me to things and coming up to me all the time.

i would feel better if he'd just admit that he WANTED to kiss me. he's the one who initiated it. now i feel like garbage.

He is making up this huge story because it makes him sound like a stud. A single chick orchestrated this huge rouse to get this guy to make out with her... then he fell for it, and then he ran around town telling everyone... clearly the only person who looks foolish is him. Ignore the shitty, immature behavior and move on. You're better off not being with someone who clearly acts like a child.

this has never happened to me before. we are 26. i feel very humiliated.

Quote Originally Posted by AshBern View Post
    this has never happened to me before. we are 26. i feel very humiliated.
    Why are you allowing yourself to feel humiliated? You are an adult who is entitled to kiss a guy and not feel shame. This "boy" is obviously very immature and has some issues. You'd do well to just keep yourself away from him and chalk this up to you having the unfortunate bad luck to be attracted to an asshole.

He's fluff, don't give him or his actions another thought.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Why are you allowing yourself to feel humiliated? You are an adult who is entitled to kiss a guy and not feel shame. This "boy" is obviously very immature and has some issues. You'd do well to just keep yourself away from him and chalk this up to you having the unfortunate bad luck to be attracted to an asshole.

He's fluff, don't give him or his actions another thought.
    because it makes me think, what is wrong with me for someone to treat me this way?

Well, you need to stop that train of thought because there is nothing wrong with YOU... he's just an immature bully.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Well, you need to stop that train of thought because there is nothing wrong with YOU... he's just an immature bully.
    he is a bully and is mean to me for doing this. but when i see him being nice to other people, or knowing that he has had a girlfriend for four years and i highly doubt he treated her like this, he clearly isn't universally a bully. he clearly knows how to be a good person. yet when he sees me, he decides to be this evil, sinister a-hole. hey man i get it if someone wants to hit it and quit it. then hit it and quit it, and go away, don't harrass the girl and make fun of her and be a jerk to her for no reason. you got what you wanted. it has never happened to me before that someone did this. so that's why i am so shocked.

Time to get over it, Ash. You've whined enough about him and his immature behaviour.

You know (or you certainly should believe) that you are better then him and that you can rise above his bullshit. Just ignore him, stay away from him and don't ever let a bully get the best of you. Know 100% that you are "the prize" that any guy should be happy to be with and if he isn't... well then, fk him and the horse he rode in on.

Be well.

He's a worthless piece of crap. Why do you need to know anything more? Don't get me wrong. I, of all people, understand what it is like to allow (albeit unintentionally) other people to negatively affect how and what you think of yourself. So, as somebody who has been through that (not your story exactly, but the way the experience made you feel) I can tell you this....

To Hell with him. He very obviously came on to you. You responded favorably. Nothing wrong with that if you were both single. Then, instead of appreciating that, he turns around and acts like a big immature jack @$$ and tries to embarrass you to anybody who will listen with his lies. Why? Who knows and who cares? Probably, he is so pathetically inadequate that he could never really please a woman, so he tries to make himself look like some big hot shot who has women falling all over him. He wants to feel better about himself by lowering others. He is, in my personal opinion, one of the lowest and most disgusting forms of scum known to mankind. Let me just say.... he's lucky I was not a witness to his immature crap.

Speaking of which.....

Did anybody else witness your interaction? In other words, did anybody actually see him daring you to kiss him and that you only did so in response to him coming on to you? What better way to show him for the lying douche bag he is than with eye witnesses?

Honestly, though, your best bet is to just forget him. He's nothing to you. He's less than nothing. Don't let him be even a second thought. You are awesome. That is the way you nee to feel. He should consider himself insanely lucky that you even kissed him in the first place. He should be over the moon. Instead, he tries to make it look like you did something wrong when A) you didn't and B) HE'S the one who wanted it in the first place. Find yourself a man and forget this child.