+ Follow This Topic

Thread: broke up with my bf ; im traumatized

broke up with my bf ; im traumatized

HI, I am very upset by the fact that my bf had broke up with me after a year and 3 months of dating. We met at work. everything felt so right at the beginning. we spent time going out and doing fun stuff during weekends and some weekdays. Those are the best times. He showed me things i never did before. Everything seems just right until he's work got busyier around 7 months ago. I was busy with school and work at the same time but we did manage some time on the weekends to hangout. one time he go without calling/texting me for a whole week. I was devastated. He told me he was busy and stress out. I believe him because we work the same company it can get very stressful and busy. we went into normal mode after that. about 6 months so. He did not call/text me again for more than a week. I got upset and demanded an answer of why he is doing that. He has been a quiet person from the beginning. He rarely tells me what he thinks. I sometimes had to find out what he thinks from co-workers. and he tells them I don't do anything fun. Turns out. he lost interest in me for some time. During the past month, we haven't seen each other that's how long we can go. finally today. we sat down and talked about stuff that we don't usually talk about. He said that he felt we dont "connect" well and as time goes by he felt like we didn't have much to say to each other. Its like the fun and words are ran out with time. I felt terrible immediately. although i knew we were quiet at times but I feel that is normal for me. I told him that I was feeling unwanted/rejected by his distance from me. and he didn't really show much emotions and his true self towards me from the beginning, of course we're not going to feel a connection. because there isn't much open communication going on. we were both superficial. I asked him if he open himself up to me from the start things would be different? he said maybe. He told me there is nothing wrong with me just the stress and things he's doing are driving him crazy. we agreed to be regular friends and take a step back. because we were only friends for about few months before dating. he was at the end of his rope as he described.

I wonder why he waited so long for him to tell me that he wasn't interested in me anymore. I know he's probably try not to hurt my feelings. I am glad i initiated the talk. I was glad he was honest with me today that he decided we weren't heading anywhere with this relationship. at the same time I feel like the end of the world. He said he could give us another try with just being friends and see where it ends. I have no high hopes weather we go back together or not. I am just hoping my pain will soon be gone......why is it so hurtful. the moment I let someone in my life the moment i feel completely gone.
    Last edited by hungrybird; 07-12-15 at 10:27 PM.

To become emotionally invested in another person and allowing yourself to bond to them is to take a risk. It doesn't always work out (in fact, in romantic relationships, it usually doesn't, else everyone would marry their first boyfriend/girlfriend). You took a risk, and it it didn't work. And you are right, he should have told you sooner.

I do not suggest you try to remain "friends", but rather, give yourself a clean break and cease all contact. Really, he only offered that to ease his conscience, and it will prolong your suffering.

So sad, some men can be mean, they forget the past....the lovey dovey moments and all and they are up for another. Try casting a pure love spell. I saw this one here: www . reliablelovespells . com / cast-love-spell-that-works-immediately/ its free and works if your hands are clean. As in if you didn't do anything bad that made him broke up with you.

don't believe the "we can be friends and see what happens" story. Its a cowards way out of a breakup. Nobody ever really means that.

sorry you are hurting but it sounds like you were lonely in the relationship and not happy in a lot of ways so this is a good thing. Now you are free to start over

I'm sorry. Some people really just doesn't connect well. You know, its like making friends, you connect with some people and not with others. I find that it is quite common for guys to prefer a girl who he can talk for hours and won't be bored. Maybe try to work on your personality?
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions