+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused

Confused

There is a guy I have liked for a while but I get mixed signals from him. He shows interest but struggles to get his words out in my presence. We have mutual friends who put on events on Facebook. He puts his name down for the events and then doesn't show up without telling us.

Randomly we got matched on a dating website. I sent him a message on the dating website as people tell me he likes me and I have always liked him. He didn't even respond to my message yet he had read it and I saw he had time to comment on other forms of social media. I closed the match down as I thought he can't be interested as he would have replied.

Two people keep telling me to give him a chance but I feel sick and tired for being taken for a mug for someone who is too lazy to reply to me and doesn't even bother showing up without reason which I think is rude. On his dating profile he puts he is dependable! Whenever he doesn't come I always feel disappointed. Another friend thinks he has autism. Any thoughts?

It sounds to me like you've given him ample opportunities to make a move, even so far as taking that first step yourself. He's still not acted. When it comes right down to it, how long do you really want to wait around for somebody? Do you really want to have to practically drag somebody into a relationship? At this rate, I think whether he likes you or not is irrelevant. He's not made a move, and has not even bothered to respond when you have attempted to make it for him. I think it is time for you to move on. Your friends keep telling you to give him a chance.... but you HAVE. He's either A) not giving YOU a chance or B) not giving HIMSELF a chance. Either way, I think you've been patient enough. Maybe that is just me, but I feel like you've given him enough time, and even tried taking the initiative.

It is entirely possible he has autism, so maybe it is really hard for him. Hell, it is really hard for people who DON'T have an issue like that, so if he does I can certainly understand. So, it isn't as though I blame him or feel you should have any hard feelings. At the same time, though, you can't wait around forever or have to drag him practically kicking and screaming into a relationship. People keep telling you to give him a chance, but you already HAVE. At the end of the day, if you can't/won't wait around any longer, that is understandable. Good luck to you.

There is a guy I have liked for a while
    I think its time you started the mental process of Unliking him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Angel29 View Post
    There is a guy I have liked for a while but I get mixed signals from him. He shows interest but struggles to get his words out in my presence. We have mutual friends who put on events on Facebook. He puts his name down for the events and then doesn't show up without telling us.

Randomly we got matched on a dating website. I sent him a message on the dating website as people tell me he likes me and I have always liked him. He didn't even respond to my message yet he had read it and I saw he had time to comment on other forms of social media. I closed the match down as I thought he can't be interested as he would have replied.

Two people keep telling me to give him a chance but I feel sick and tired for being taken for a mug for someone who is too lazy to reply to me and doesn't even bother showing up without reason which I think is rude. On his dating profile he puts he is dependable! Whenever he doesn't come I always feel disappointed. Another friend thinks he has autism. Any thoughts?
    Actions speak louder than words. Let him be the man and act. He knows you like him.
    Relationship Coach - RelationshipTeacher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I think its time you started the mental process of Unliking him.
    Unlike him, swipe right (Or is it left? I can never remember), do not pass go, do not collect $200. :-)

Believe me, I feel for shy guys. I, myself, am extremely shy. I'm working on that, but in the past, no matter how much I liked a girl I could never bring myself to ask her out. However, if she had made some kind of move, in some way made it obvious she liked me, or even took the initiative to ask me out, I'd have jumped at the possibility. Not that it matters. It never happened. God, where were progressive, forward thinking girls like you when I was a ridiculously shy, love-sick loser? LOL!

My point being, I can definitely understand if he liked you but was just too shy to bring himself to do anything about it. However, you have attempted to make the first move and he still has not responded as such. So, why would anybody expect you NOT to interpret that as he is not interested? Why exactly would anybody expect you to keep pursuing him? He's knows of your interest now. If he's interested, let him make that known. Otherwise, time to move on and forget him. Even if he DOES like you, if he's not going to make a move you can't just wait around forever.... especially considering you tried taking the initiative and he still didn't bite. Good luck to you.